Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like fun. We haven't made it all the way to CA yet - keep finding neat stuff to do on the way west and run out of time. We did get as far as Great Basin NP in Nevada last year so we're making progress/

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There is an expandable model floor plan, but nothing else on it than a floor plan.
That master bed looks interesting but I don't know what they're doing there.
A removable cushion?
My idea of sleeping quarters is "bear-proof".
View attachment 385369
It's a hybrid trailer, the bed is a fold down, canvas covered platform bed like in a pop-up. Far from bear proof!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
What are people's opinions on sway control? I didn't know about the Andersen hitch when I bought my hitch system (an Eaz-Lift) and since I was going with rentals didn't buy the sway control arm since that requires drilling into the frame. Now that I own the trailer I'm debating whether I want to drill into the frame! Just seems like a bad idea if it can be avoided.

Renting I was always debating whether or not the trailer ever did sway. I would spend a lot of time looking at the mirror to see if the back side light was moving at all. It was hard to tell, but there might have sometimes been slight movement. Yesterday I didn't notice any movement at all, but it was only about a 15 minute tow (but at speeds up to 65 mph).

I note the Blue Ox brand claims it's bars provide sway control, apparently just from the chains wanting to be straight vertical. Presumably the Eaz-Lift would have the same effect, but they don't advertise it as such and sell the anti-sway bar. Part of the reason I picked the Eaz-Lift is that's what we used when I was a kid, and I don't remember my father every complaining about sway.

So, what should I do? 1. Just wait to see if I have any sway issues? 2. Buy the Eaz-lift sway bar and drill into my frame? 3. Buy the Anderson hitch? This is in order of expense, but I would note the Anderson hitch is lighter and easier to store.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now I am feeling like Goldilocks--too hot, too cold. That company's offerings are too big or too small! ;-)
I have a 2016 Colorado with the Duramax and I bought an R pod model 180 and pulled it for several years. The 180 weighs in at about 2700 pounds dry but I put a rack on the back of mine and had it probably close to 3500 easily. The Duramax pulled it like it was nothing. It has a cabin size of 17‘ x 6‘ 6 inches with a small pop out. You can easily see around the sides of it with the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
I know we spoke about generators on this thread. Home Depot has a pair of the Ryobi 2,000 Watt inverter generators setup to run parallel for a package deal of $749.00 on their deal of the day. If someone is looking to get a generator setup for their camper trailers, this sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I know we spoke about generators on this thread. Home Depot has a pair of the Ryobi 2,000 Watt inverter generators setup to run parallel for a package deal of $749.00 on their deal of the day. If someone is looking to get a generator setup for their camper trailers, this sounds like a pretty good deal.
That is a pretty nice deal, but I'm holding out for ones that are dual fuel so I don't have to mess with gasoline or storage, particularly since my truck is a diesel.

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
That is a pretty nice deal, but I'm holding out for ones that are dual fuel so I don't have to mess with gasoline or storage, particularly since my truck is a diesel.
I have often wondered if I would prefer a generator that was dual fueled with propane. I use a manual lawnmower at my house since my yard is so small, with the key reason being to avoid gasoline storage. I already have propane tanks all over the place, from my camper, to my grille, the patio heaters, and even the small smoker I have is propane.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I have often wondered if I would prefer a generator that was dual fueled with propane. I use a manual lawnmower at my house since my yard is so small, with the key reason being to avoid gasoline storage. I already have propane tanks all over the place, from my camper, to my grille, the patio heaters, and even the small smoker I have is propane.
My home generator is tri-fuel and I never use gasoline in it. I mainly use NG but that requires resetting the regulator and changing the plug gap from the gasoline/propane settings. I suspect that's why these less expensive units only claim to be dual fuel. Anyway, I only run my generator 2x a year as a result (ignoring power outages), where if it was gasoline I'd be running it a lot more unless there was an easy way to drain the carb. Even then though, gasoline storage would be a pain.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

181 - 191 of 191 Posts