Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Truck to replace Laser Blue 2016 Trail Boss?

• Repair current Truck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017 Lazer Blue Z71 with Trail Boss Options

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 2018 Midnight Edition ZR2

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Other comment below

Votes: 1 3.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread where the dealer messed up my Truck by flooding the interior. They did not do a good job in making repairs. The GM has offered to trade me up to a 2018. Which one would you choose. My family likes our current Laser Blue Diesel Trail Boss. I don't like the ZR2 with plastic bumpers that don't match however the Midnight Black tends to blend better with body color. My wife does not like it but its my truck :) Other option would be a 2017 Z71 in laser blue with added options to look like a Trail Boss.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Laser blue is dead in 2018. It's now Kinetic blue, which is a bit less purple-y.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
go for higher value, plus you can't go wrong with capability :wink2:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Voted before I saw location. If you do not off road the vehicle don't fork out for a ZR2, it simply doesn't make sense. If you tow a lot then get the diesel, otherwise V6 is best choice in a loaded Z71, or upgrade to a Denali :). GL

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Confused as to why it is a "lemon" . . . when it was the dealer that "messed it up"?

Did it come form GM as a "lemom" or was it the dealers fault in some repair?

Thread titles with "lemon" in them only reduce the sale price for all us owners. The tiles of threads are what shows up on internet searches. Just sayin' . . .

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you do more highway driving, towing or want better mileage, go with the z71 (diesel even better) but if you want to have some more fun or off-road then the ZR-2 would be better. I personally like the ZR-2 looks much better and it will probably hold value better down the road. Those shocks too :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Confused as to why it is a "lemon" . . . when it was the dealer that "messed it up"?

Did it come form GM as a "lemom" or was it the dealers fault in some repair?

Thread titles with "lemon" in them only reduce the sale price for all us owners. The tiles of threads are what shows up on internet searches. Just sayin' . . .
The following post seems to give some of his backstory: http://coloradofans.com/forums/226-diesel/351194-do-you-trust-your-diesel-2.html#post4365601

Apparently, after that it was in the dealership service department again, and they left it outside with the windows rolled down and flooded his interior.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you do more highway driving, towing or want better mileage, go with the z71 (diesel even better) but if you want to have some more fun or off-road then the ZR-2 would be better. I personally like the ZR-2 looks much better and it will probably hold value better down the road. Those shocks too :)

Agreed Z71 for highway and diesel if lots of towing.

ZR-2 if you do allot of off road otherwise waste of money.

I see allot of people like the looks of the ZR-2 but I prefer the looks of the Z71.. Something looks funny about the front of the ZR-2, I can not put my finger on it. I am not a big fan of the grill but there is something else odd.. Still a good looking truck I just prefer the looks of the Z71...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just got a 2018 Summit white Z-71 gasser and I absolutely love it.
Full leather and heated mirrors, Bose/nav and the tow package with the factory added stripes and sportbar.(waiting on backordered sportbar lights)
I added fender flares too and it turned out very nice.
Are the decals OEM or after market?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The truck has been at the dealer 1/3 of its life for all sorts of issues. This Saturday makes 4 months combined total.

Looks like the General Manager backed out of getting me a replacement and wants to instead repair it again. I am thinking he did not realize is was a fully optioned Colorado with a 51k sticker that is no longer available. I see many here like the ZR2 as do I but it appears that I may never use those "shocks" down here in Florida, lol. Also did more research and that open ZR2 bumper lowers the MPGs, not good for long trips that we have planned.

Someone from GM corp called me today due to a bad survey. She said that she is going to look into this and see what options I have. I went from a Ford fanboy to Chevy fanboy now to don't touch GM with a 10 ft pole during this whole process. I am reserving final judgement until this whole situation gets sorted out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Erm, if it's got water damage it'll probably never be the same dude. I'm sure you know this. Especially with all the electronics that are in these trucks. I would demand they eat the **** sandwich their service department made for you, because you've done nothing to deserve it.

Regarding your choice, I love my ZR2, but I doubt it has any advantage in your specific situation over a nicely equipped Z71. Probably more of a hindrance, to be honest, as you lose some of the luxury items and get worse fuel mileage thanks to the lift/tires/bumper. Do what's best for you, but don't let the dealership screw you over. That's unacceptable.

Reactions: MV10

·
Registered
68 Posts
The truck has been at the dealer 1/3 of its life for all sorts of issues. This Saturday makes 4 months combined total.

Looks like the General Manager backed out of getting me a replacement and wants to instead repair it again. I am thinking he did not realize is was a fully optioned Colorado with a 51k sticker that is no longer available. I see many here like the ZR2 as do I but it appears that I may never use those "shocks" down here in Florida, lol. Also did more research and that open ZR2 bumper lowers the MPGs, not good for long trips that we have planned.

Someone from GM corp called me today due to a bad survey. She said that she is going to look into this and see what options I have. I went from a Ford fanboy to Chevy fanboy now to don't touch GM with a 10 ft pole during this whole process. I am reserving final judgement until this whole situation gets sorted out.
If I were you, I would very carefully do my own research and homework to see if your vehicle qualifies for the lemon laws in your state.

If you care enough about seeking resolution to answer the following questions, and if you care enough to take the time to look up the history, then I would not mind poking my nose into the text of the laws of Florida which deal with lemon laws to see if it seems as if you qualify or not.

When (what date) did you purchase the truck?

Did you purchase the truck new or used?

Do you live in Florida?

Did you purchase the truck from a dealer in Florida?

What is a list of all of the issues for which your truck has been in the shop? For each issue, how many separate times has the truck been in for that particular issue? For each time the truck went in, how long was it for that particular dealer visit until you got the truck back? If you want others to help you, you need to help yourself. Take the time to carefully and thoroughly answer all of those questions. If you don't care enough to take the required time to organize your vehicle's history in a very specific manner, then you cannot expect others to spend any time helping you either.

Under the correct circumstances, it is possible that your truck might qualify as a lemon. If so, and if you play your cards right, then you could get all of your money back.

Do you homework first, and don't call an attorney at this time. You don't want to get one involved unless you have no other option. Even if you have to go that route, I would work through the state arbitration first (from a limited amount of research I just did online for you, it seems as if that would be the BBB in Florida for GM vehicles).

Anyway, do your homework, post the answers to ALL of the questions above, and I will see if I might be able to direct you about how to help yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.