Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased some Auxito 7443 amber LED bulbs for my turn signals. I already knew that they would hyperflash, so I ordered a plug and play resistor harness. The signal lights performed flawlessly, however I no longer have any parking/running lights on the front with this setup installed. After some more research, I’m stumped. It’s either the bulb or the resistors. I found out that our trucks have a ck socket, so I’m wondering if the aftermarket harness connection to the factory one is throwing things off, OR if the bulbs are incorrect for the application. After looking at the ad again for the bulbs, it claims that these bulbs will work with 7440 and 7443. I’m well aware that 7440 won’t work because it only has one function. Ours need two (parking light and turn signal) Any help would be great!

Thanks,
KC

Signal Bulb: https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Signal-Canbus-Blinker-Yellow/dp/B081GQQH19/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Resistor Harness: https://www.amazon.com/YUNPICAR-Resistor-Adapter-Canceler-Double/dp/B07PVLTMLH/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going back on what I said, looking at the ad even closer, it says these bulbs work with both standard and CK sockets. So it has to be the resistors?? Not sure.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I’m going to say it’s that resister harness.

the ones they sold as plug and play didnt work for us previously. That’s why that one member on here makes his own and that 5gendiy place makes them. I think because the Amazon/eBay ones are missing some pins.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well if you are trying to figure out which is at fault. I would say undo the resistor and see if the lights work as directional and parking lights. That would tell you if it id the bulbs. They plug in the resistors and see what happens next.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks! Looks like I’m going to have to wire in resistors. Just was trying to avoid that since there’s little to no room to work.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Alright thanks! Looks like I’m going to have to wire in resistors. Just was trying to avoid that since there’s little to no room to work.
Our harness/socket has 4 wires, and those have 3, plus different socket.. Talk to @rotaryenginepete about the P-N-P harness.
Been there, done that

·
Registered
2017 All Terrain 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
417 Posts
Hello all,

I recently purchased some Auxito 7443 amber LED bulbs for my turn signals. I already knew that they would hyperflash, so I ordered a plug and play resistor harness. The signal lights performed flawlessly, however I no longer have any parking/running lights on the front with this setup installed. After some more research, I’m stumped. It’s either the bulb or the resistors. I found out that our trucks have a ck socket, so I’m wondering if the aftermarket harness connection to the factory one is throwing things off, OR if the bulbs are incorrect for the application. After looking at the ad again for the bulbs, it claims that these bulbs will work with 7440 and 7443. I’m well aware that 7440 won’t work because it only has one function. Ours need two (parking light and turn signal) Any help would be great!

Thanks,
KC

Signal Bulb: https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Signal-Canbus-Blinker-Yellow/dp/B081GQQH19/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Resistor Harness: https://www.amazon.com/YUNPICAR-Resistor-Adapter-Canceler-Double/dp/B07PVLTMLH/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top
That harness is the first problem. It is not wired for CK. Return it. A second problem could be the LED bulb, if it is also not CK compatible.
CKwiring.jpg

The reason that LED bulbs for our trucks need to be CK compatible is because the OEM front turn signal sockets are a proprietary design. Also, the receptacles in the headlamps are NOT compatible with any other type of 7443 bulb socket (the locking lugs are too big and don't line up). I am willing to bet you had trouble plugging it into the headlamp, if you even got that far. As @RatRacer advised, don't waste your time/money on any of the generic plug-in 7443 LED resistor harnesses from eBay/Amazon. You can wire resistors into the factory harness yourself, or if you don't want to risk that you can buy my Easy Mod PNP resistor harness on eBay (PM me for more info).

The 7443 bulb you purchase should also be non-polar sensitive/polarity free. This is because the ground terminal inside the socket touches both side pins of the bulb. If you put a normal 7443 wired LED into a CK socket, either nothing will work, or only turn/brake or park lights. I recommend only certain bulbs for the front turn signals:
VLED - High Visibility Amber 50 LED 7443 7443CK 7440 Polarity Free
Morimoto - 7443 X-VF (not very bright) Polarity Free -CK Compatible
Xenon Depot - 7443 XTR LED Polarity Free -CK Compatible
Lasfit - 7443 LED Polarity Free
-CK Compatible

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That harness is the first problem. It is not wired for CK. Return it. A second problem could be the LED bulb, if it is also not CK compatible.
View attachment 386267

The reason that LED bulbs for our trucks need to be CK compatible is because the OEM front turn signal sockets are a proprietary design. Also, the receptacles in the headlamps are NOT compatible with any other type of 7443 bulb socket (the locking lugs are too big and don't line up). I am willing to bet you had trouble plugging it into the headlamp, if you even got that far. As @RatRacer advised, don't waste your time/money on any of the generic plug-in 7443 LED resistor harnesses from eBay/Amazon. You can wire resistors into the factory harness yourself, or if you don't want to risk that you can buy my Easy Mod PNP resistor harness on eBay (PM me for more info).

The 7443 bulb you purchase should also be non-polar sensitive/polarity free. This is because the ground terminal inside the socket touches both side pins of the bulb. If you put a normal 7443 wired LED into a CK socket, either nothing will work, or only turn/brake or park lights. I recommend only certain bulbs for the front turn signals:
VLED - High Visibility Amber 50 LED 7443 7443CK 7440 Polarity Free
Morimoto - 7443 X-VF (not very bright) Polarity Free -CK Compatible
Xenon Depot - 7443 XTR LED Polarity Free -CK Compatible
Lasfit - 7443 LED Polarity Free
-CK Compatible
You are correct. They did not fit in the housings. I’m going to play tonight, and probably wire in resistors. Does anyone know if the Sylviania resistor kit is acceptable, and any good?

·
Registered
2017 All Terrain 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
417 Posts
You are correct. They did not fit in the housings. I’m going to play tonight, and probably wire in resistors. Does anyone know if the Sylviania resistor kit is acceptable, and any good?
The 12V incandescent 7443 bulb (that you replaced with LED) is rated 21W for the turn signal and 5W for the parking lamp.
R=V^2/P=12V^2/21W=144/21=6.857ohms
Since the BCM is looking for 6.857 ohms on each front turn signal bulb (when flashing), you need to calculate what the LED will also be drawing and pick the right resistor. Normally it ends up being a 6ohm (you want at least a 50W rating)

The Sylvania resistors are the exact same ones you can buy on eBay for $1 each, just 10 to 15 bucks more expensive. As long as you buy the right resistors, you should be fine.

But I examined your LED bulb a bit closer...

This Auxito LED is advertised at 2.12A and 25W, it does not give a dual rating and the title says W21W, so this leads me to believe it is a replacement for 7440 and not 7443. They advertise 7443 because it has the same T20 base and will also fit in a 7443 socket...but that doesn't mean it will function as a 7443.

Unfortunately, you probably need to return those bulbs as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your help! I’m just going to test the bulbs with no resistors before I return, just to see if they work as a dual function.

Thanks,

KC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to follow up, I returned everything and purchased some SyneticsUSA 7443 bulbs with built in resistors. They work flawlessly so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts