Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Maybe. Since it's copyrighted material, a reputable shop might refuse. Places like Office Max would empty your piggy bank to print the whole thing. I have a printer and can do it myself but I haven't had the need.
Yeah those print shops are a bit pricey. Try finding a good printer these days..The good ones are sold out too. :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Helm USB PDF is encrypted and it's a pain in the a$$ because you can't copy the PDF onto a fast SSD and run it (i get that they are protecting their material), but as TOM said "no bueno" I wanted to put the stick away to protect it.

You can copy the PDF but you have to launch their .EXE (from the stick) in order for it to work. If you just try to launch the pdf by itself (because it's encrypted) the PDF reader will say the file is corrupted. You cannot copy the .EXE to your HDD and run it without the stick in the PC. The stick and the .EXE are tied together, you can plug the stick into other PC's without issue. Once you launch the EXE it uses the stick for the searches and even on a USB 3.X port it's slow compared to a HDD. They also kill using the snipping tool to make it difficult to copy sections and post them. You can print sections or the whole the PDF without issue if you wish. You can also cheat a little and print to a fictitious printer like a "print to PDF" so long as you change the fictitious "PDF PRINTER" name so it doesn't have any reference to printing to pdf.......

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One big advantage to the PDF is everything in the TOC and index are live links
One big advantage to paper is it works when the compooter doesn't.
Yea, that's a LOT of paper. I probably will never need 75% of it. That's 2000 pages (four reams of paper) I can keep and toss the rest.
What a waste. Im almost willing to do it to not have the DRM hassles. I can make my own scans and read an index.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts