Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you running the Hellwig rear sway bar-

Does the truck still ride smooth on the highway when hitting small bumps? I understand that it will make the cornering better, but I am worried that it might stiffen up the rear too much for daily city driving.

I don't usually have a heavy load in my truck... Just bikes and lighter items, so the truck doesn't have much weight added to the rear.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Driving down the road it has no effect. The bar is a torsion bar so it only has a load when turning where it twist with the lean of the body in a turn.

It also adds no weight capacity to the truck.

The Who,e idea is just to keep the body more level and to enhance cornering ability by putting more even pressure on the rear tires and preventing one from unloading.

If you want better handling with out or with a trailer it really works well.

I put one on and love it. If you are empty most of the time use the outer opening as it is the most neutral. The inner adds more tension and can make an empty truck understeer.

The only real negative is if you do serious off road much it will limit rear suspension travel. It can lift one tire off the ground and hinder traction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.