Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buying my used 18 3.6 z71 in a couple days. Got some questions. Maybe you all could guide me in this forum.

Where is there internet to go for aftermarket parts? (website)
I'm looking for a tonneau cover.
I'm looking for longer then stock tow hooks. Are they available? Where?
Is it hard to install the 1 inch level kit? Chevrolet has a front. Is there a back that's also needed?
Are there any tunes available? Do they effect economy?

What average economy are you all getting with the v6?
How long on the first set of brakes?

Is there a website to get the full specs of the VIN and what it all came with?

Is there any storage in the truck? Where would the tools be if I needed to pull the spare off the truck?

TIA

Nice to meet you all. :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,963 Posts
Welcome Aboard
Well lots of places you can find a cover
Autoanything, CarID,,,,just to name 2 of the many
If you are leveling you are just raising the front since it is raked as they all it.
Here is my Fuel Economy from a while ago:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

I average 22.7 to 22.8 for the lifetime. I am over 80,000 now... Remember, Idling, hard accelerations, lots of city driving all will change your average.

The tool for you spare tire is under the rear seat.. their is a compartment with the jack tools

That should give you some information

Reactions: snowwy66

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,963 Posts
It's a start. Thank you sir. ^^^
I bought my 2017 Z71 on 12/24/2016 and picked it up 12/28/2016... so I have a lot of experience and have doen a bunch of things to mine.. Not all that you mentioned

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Colorado/Canyon Enthusiasts
Peaksuspension
589fab
There's a lot of places for aftermarket parts, you'll have to be more specific
- The Bakflip G2 is a popular folding tonneau cover
- Why not use D Rings or shackles on the stock tow hooks ?
Is it hard to install the 1 inch level kit? Chevrolet has a front. Is there a back that's also needed?
- It is not terribly difficult, but you will need a strut/coil compressor tool. I used this one when I installed the GMPP level.
- There are tunes. Trifecta is the big one thrown around a lot. I'm sure one of the other gasser owners can answer more fully.
What average economy are you all getting with the v6?
- Depends on your driving habits
- Again, depends on your driving habits. I'm at 54k on my first set of brake pads, but I'm a very conservative braker (probably annoying to people behind me).

Is there a website to get the full specs of the VIN and what it all came with?

Is there any storage in the truck? Where would the tools be if I needed to pull the spare off the truck?

- Behind the passenger rear seat there is a foam enclosure with your jack and 2x Chocks. Plastic wingnut to secure it. Underneath the rear seat there is the tire iron and extensions for it to lower the rear spare through the hole to the right of the rear license place.

There is storage in the truck. It's kind of all over the place as far as usability goes. Small/medium pockets in the doors. Angled bottle holders in the door. Center console without any type of organizer. "Chapstik" cubby. Underseat storage in the rear. Map pocket behind passenger seat. ...glove box.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Buying my used 18 3.6 z71 in a couple days. Got some questions. Maybe you all could guide me in this forum.

It depends on what you're looking for. www.autoanything.com is a great place to start looking and getting ideas. They have stuff from a lot of manufacturers.

What kind? Soft, folding, fiberglass? How long is your bed?

I don't think I've ever seen any. But haven't really looked for them, either.

I just raised the front of my truck a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. All you need is a simple spacer on top of the strut. No need for a spring compressor at all. Easily done with simple hand tools.
If you want to raise the whole truck, you'll need to add a spacer in the back. Also easily done with hand tools. If you just want to level the truck, leave the rear alone.

There are a number of places to get a tune. If you're looking for more power and performance, that will eat more fuel. There are also tunes available specifically to raise mileage.

On my '16, I think I replaced brakes at around 60K. They were not worn out, but they were too noisy.
Also, where are you located? The Rockies are pretty big. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts