Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me intoduce myself. My name is Collin and I'm from Washington State. I'm a soldier in the United States Army and currently in Iraq. I own an 05 colorado crew cab Z71 3.5L. Already have some mods on it, but plan on lifting it, and adding intake and exhaust. If anybody could give me some suggestions on what kind of lift and intake and exhaust that would be great.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi Collin. Good to have you on the forum. I'll repeat what AdamB said and thank you for standing in the gap to insure that the American people may remain free. Too many have forgotten that "freedom ain't free."

For your mods, most people on the forum seem to prefer the AEM Brute Force intake. I have this one myself and really like the dry filter instead of the oiled one on the others. Some guys on here have already had problems from the oil getting on their MAF sensor.

I like the Rancho lift, but the Skyjacker has some advantages too. The Rancho seems to me to have a stronger front subframe, but I prefer replacement rear springs rather than the drop bracket Rancho uses. I'm probably going to get a set of Skyjacker rear leaves before too long. We'll see. Seems like I see more Skyjacker lifts on here than anything else. Oh, another thought: looking at the Skyjacker installation instructions, it seems that it will be a more difficult install than the Rancho was. But if you're having a shop do the work, it probably won't matter much.

Exhausts seem to be less consistent. I don't have one on mine yet, but have been intending to go with a magnaflow catback. There've been some good comments lately on the Borla system too. If you do a search, I believe there is a thread or a sticky on here devoted to audio files of different exhausts so you can hear them. Quite a variety of tailpipe exits as well.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just want to say Thank you for serving our country as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts