Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2017 Canyon All Terrain.
My concern is my garage door opening is 76" high.
I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the garage with the stock antenna, but if I got the CravenSpeed Stubby or Stubby Jr would it fit??
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Note also: The stock antenna is long, flexible. My concern with the stock antenna is that it will "fishhook" and do some damage when you back out of garage. However the Craven stubby is hard aluminum, so if it catches something, it will damage the truck for sure.

The 76" clearance seems tight, but my truck is across the street so I can't eyeball it. I am 73" tall, sure seems like my stubby extends more than 3" above my height.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Head to your house with the truck during the test ride. I did that back in the day when I bought the Ford Excursion..good luck

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
982 Posts
you could adjust the raise height of your garage door opener. I gained at least 2 extra inches. Every time I get a new truck, usually with some type of lift, and I have my wife spot me when I roll in the garage.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Yes take the truck home before you buy.

This does two thing by solving the fit issue and most people tale too short of a test drive anyways.

Most good dealers will let you go a few hours and some even over night if the know you.

Many problems and complaints on this site about this truck are from people that drove 5 mikes or less in an area they normally do not drive in.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You had me curious so I had to go measure my garage and truck. The garage is 83" for the door clearance and the truck is 74", no wonder is seemed like I had plenty of room above the antenna. I would recommend that you measure and take it home to give a real try, albeit, careful try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.