Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week i had a lower rad hose leak which seemed to be fixed by replacing the hose clamp with a brand new one. The old one was corroded to hell and snapped in half when I took it off!

So today...the heater core hose blew on me. Coolant everywhere and engine temp ran sky high. I think it was the plastic valve that actually broke.

I was down the trail on my hunting property when it blew. I made it about half way home before I called it quits as my engine temp was scary high...called a tow and now she's stranded in my driveway.

Do you think it could have blown as a result of me dickin around with the lower hose? I bled the lines after I put new coolant in but maybe there was still some air in the lines.

Anyways, I am wondering if I should just take her in to the shop as opposed to me trying to fix another coolant issue.

Anyone had this issue before?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
even with bleeding the air as you normally might...took me a week of filling and filling to get mine to where the temp was perfectly normal and stopped needing more.

You would think they would put in some easily accessible bleeder screws.

Fortunately, the heater core is fairly up high enough where you shouldnt have the same issues I had. Mine was when I changed the thermostat.....which for some unknown reason, is at the bottom of the engine instead of the usual top.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone ever removed the hose connector? I saw some vids online but they are for 2000-2007 GMs and it looks like you need a special tool to remove the connector.

Is that the same for the 2010's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week i had a lower rad hose leak which seemed to be fixed by replacing the hose clamp with a brand new one. The old one was corroded to hell and snapped in half when I took it off!

So today...the heater core hose blew on me. Coolant everywhere and engine temp ran sky high. I think it was the plastic valve that actually broke.

I was down the trail on my hunting property when it blew. I made it about half way home before I called it quits as my engine temp was scary high...called a tow and now she's stranded in my driveway.

Do you think it could have blown as a result of me dickin around with the lower hose? I bled the lines after I put new coolant in but maybe there was still some air in the lines.

Anyways, I am wondering if I should just take her in to the shop as opposed to me trying to fix another coolant issue.

Anyone had this issue before?
That black piece which is the connector that's on that pipe is coming up the far wall how did you get that out bro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.