Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Z71 Daily Driver
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just scheduled the first service for my 2022 Colorado. On the dealer website I noticed there were active recall repairs for my truck. The first included a check of the passenger seat mounting system to look for faulty welding I believe. The other was the Heated Seat Retrofit. The parts department told me to wait for a letter from GM for when my part will become available.
On Sept 15 these part started becoming available, which is a big deal to us who are supposed to get them. Please feel free to provide any input on how your retrofit is going. It's good to know there are parts going out now so lets see how long it takes to get them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE SEP 22 2022. For anyone interested, my chips came in. I did not receive a letter from GM. I did not receive a call from dealership. I did not even receive a text. Here is how it went down. I regularly use the My Chevrolet App to start my truck. When I opened the app on Sunday SEP 18th, there was a Customer Satisfaction Recall listed in the Vehicle status. I clicked on the alert and it allowed me to schedule service with my local dealership for the seat heater retrofit. I brought it in on Monday SEP 19 morning at 7AM. That afternoon they called me to let me know that they had ordered the part but it would not arrive until the following day. The part arrived at about 2:30PM on Tuesday SEP 20. By Wednesday SEP 21, the retrofit was complete and I picked up my Colorado at 5PM. When I spoke with the dealership, they told me that my Colorado ZR2 was the first vehicle their service department had done this seat heater microchip retrofit for. The dealership service department asked me several times how I got the recall notice, because they had been wondering themselves how GM would contact the owners of the vehicles. Hope this helps anyone else wanting to get their seat heaters working.
Light Product Font Line Technology
Light Product Font Line Technology

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts