Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Z71 diesel. Do we have heated mirrors? I read in the manual that if equipped they will activate when the rear defrost is on. Well I needed them today and it seemed like they didn’t heat...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
LT trim with Chrome Accent package is the only way pre-2018 models came with them. As I understand it, the heated mirror circuit wiring is run to the connector in the door in all LT/Z71 models, just not all the way to the mirror. A couple of connectors from mouser, some 20GA wire, and the heated mirrors, and you can convert your own. Search the heated mirror threads here for the complete how-to.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
LT trim with Chrome Accent package is the only way pre-2018 models came with them.
Does this mean the brilliant GM engineers used the chrome to complete the circuit? :rofl

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Does this mean the brilliant GM engineers used the chrome to complete the circuit? :rofl
That would mean that chrome actually served a purpose, which, as we all know, is bullshit. The designer that put that stupid ass chrome accent in the headlights deserves a ballpunch in the worst way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have rear defrost, the wiring is there. My SLE did not have heated mirrors from the factory. When I ordered my clearview mirrors I had them add the heat option. It is plug and play.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have rear defrost, the wiring is there. My SLE did not have heated mirrors from the factory. When I ordered my clearview mirrors I had them add the heat option. It is plug and play.
Same here on my 2016 Z71. Installing the mirrors is the easy part. I hope I never have to take those damn door panels off again!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Where did you order this?

·
Vendor
148 Posts
tmhd82,
I hear you about the door panels! I don't think mine still fit quite right, but I don't want to mess with them again. 2016 Colorado 4X4, Z71.
I didn't have the tools or time to do the connector, pins, etc. route. I just used 20ga wire, some in-line crimp connectors, blade tips for the mirror, zip ties and patience. Might take you an afternoon once you see how one side goes in.
It's possible to route the wires to the mirror connectors without removing the back plastic cover on the mirror. I found that out the hard way. Just take your time. I ran my wires to the mirror through the "rubber doughnut plug" that the motor control wires go through. I did put some of my findings on the heated mirror forum subject.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dang, I wish I had known that. I just had the Clearview mirrors installed and did not choose the heated option thinking I didn't have that setup anyway. But I love the mirrors. Excellent! I had the dealer install them as the trim piece removal was more than my temperament would allow for. The dealer charged me 1 hour at warranty rates ($100) and was worth it IMO. After spending last summer with universal door hanging mirrors I can't wait to hook up the TT.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
can we just add the heated mirrors if the wiring is already there? what do I need to make it work?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.