Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, need a little help here. A few weeks back one of my headlights went out so I ordered new ones from Amazon. When they got here I installed them and noticed both of them went out. I thought maybe I got bad bulbs so I ordered new ones and same issue. My DRLs work just fine and so do my signal lights. I read somewhere that there's no actual fuse for the headlights so I checked the fuse for the BCM and it looks good. Has anyone run into this issue? Really appreciate any help since currently I can't really drive my truck at night.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
4,111 Posts
Sorry maybe I should have mentioned this. I have a Canyon so I have the LED strips. And those still work.
The LED strips on the Canyon are not DRL's. They are accent lights on the Park Lamp circuit. The DRL's on the Canyon use the Low Beam headlights circuit just like the Colorado.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
the left headlight fuse is under the hood in the fuse box next to the battery , the right headlight fuse is behind the passenger side kick panel in that fuse box,
F33 is under hood and F17 inside behind thekick panel
rotary mentiond FD5A, so check that, it will say which one

please explain what lights are not working
both hi and lo beams on both sides? one side?
lo beams on both sides or one side? which side?

the number on the bulbs you ordered to replace the defective bulbs??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see my post for location
From what I read on other threads, one of the fuses on the fuse block inside the engine and one of them is on the fuse block by the kick panel. Checked both of them and fuses look good. Unless I checked the wrong place and the fuses are by the BVM. Sorry, I'm a little new to this. Wondering what else if could be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought it could be the pigtails but they look fine. A little discoloration but not melted. See picture below.

Also something I should mention is that I am running an aftermarket remote start system. I'm not sure but I think it does plug in to the BCM. But I've had it for a little over a year and it hadn't been an issue till now. So I don't think that's the cause.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar issue. Try this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a similar issue. Try this?

Thanks I'll try that out. This might be a dumb question or might not even apply to the low beams, but any chance it could be a relay?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts