Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some headlight questions that I've found some answers(but not good enough) to and some new ones. To Clear the air for myself and others that may be pondering this switch-over. Thanks in advance!

1. What are the best after market halogen lights, as far as life, brightness and cost, SilverStar, SilverStar ULTRA, Hoen, EuroDezigns Ultra?

2. Are the Silverstar(regular) and the ULTRAs have the same slight blue tint? If so I want to put ULTRAs in my HB's and regular Silverstars in my LB

3. I heard that they make 9145 Silverstars for the fogs. Are they worth it or should I just get the 9006 bulbs for them instead?

4. If I do go with the 9006 bulbs in the fogs, are there any concerns that I should be aware of.... shorting or melting of wires or connectors, lens melting or discoloring due to heat generated.

Sorry for the many questions, just some things I thought that needed to be cleared up in one solid post. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
im not sure wich ones are the best but I have had the hoen bulbs for well over a year now and havnt had any problems.I have the set in my hi's,lows, and fogs, and I use them quite a bit during the winter months.they deffinitly lasted a lot longer than the two sets of silverstars that I went through.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just this past weekend, I read somewhere on this board about a fog light with a high beam bulb (9006) burning out a socket or discoloring a lens. Of course the guy said he had been running the lights continuously for >12 hours (I want to say 22 hrs, but that seems REALLY long!)

Otherwise, most folks here who run brighter bulbs have not reported any problems that I've read about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts