Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right headlight has developed condensation on the inside of the lense. I took out the bulbs and heated the plastic lense up and it disipated and went away but now its back. anyone with any to do's? how do you get the light assembly out to try and seal it. Any easy way? Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have this problem also. My passenger headlight is totally covered. I read all the linked threads and searched and the only information I got from that is that you can get it replaced by the dealer if you're under warranty. I'm out of warranty for a while now and I'd like to know how to take out my headlight assembly to get to the little rubber patch that is being talked about. I can't find any patch or grommet or anything from looking at the back of the headlgiht while it's still in the truck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks. I did just that and I pulled off the little rubber patch that had 2 holes behind it. I'm hoping that will be able to clear out the condensation faster. So far I think it's working. I also priced out a new lgiht which is only about 40 bucks from gmpartsdirect.com i might want to get aftermarket lights though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well I went to the dealer today and the part I found on gmpartsdirect must have been the wrong one because the dealer wanted $170 for a new one. It rained today and after I got home, there was only a little patch of condensation on the inside corner and the side marker lense was condensed but the rest was clear. So far so good. Even though it's only been 2 days.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm guessing it worked because I got the truck washed today and I just checked and there's no condensation at all. and the dealer said the only fix was to replace the whole headlight. HA!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem condensation Rt headlight. pull out the lamp bulb asembly, and lubricate the seal the lamp housing with Vasline. It worked for me.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
I've had two colorados and had the same problem with both. The right front headlight gets condensation. Both times I drilled a 1/8 inch hole underneath at the bottom corner and it worked great. The first was a Z85 so I just stuck the drill right up between the bumper from under the truck. The second was a Z71 so I had to remove the fog light and drill. Actually my friend did it. I didn't have to go to the dealer. The problem was fixed in a minute. The first truck went 70,000 miles and never fogged up again. The second truck is doing great so far. If I go to the car wash, I might get a little water in the light but it goes away within a hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts