Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if anyone has any advice on HID's or projector bulbs,. Tried searching for a while tonight, couldnt find much though. If anyone has advice on brand, price, where to buy etc. I would greatly value that info! Also If I have 2 amplifiers totaling 1000 watts, will a kit cause them to dim? also any type of install conflicts would be great!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
HIDs are sweet, I have them in 8000K which is kinda blueish. 6000K is a little more white/legal looking haha.

The kit depends on how much you want to spend, the better ones are Pilot, MTec, McCulloch in my opinion. They will run you about 200 for a set, eBay is usually the best place to look I suppose. As far as your amps ago, the HIDs really shouldnt dim because they draw power from their own ballast/power source..then again I dont know 100%

Projector lights are really cool, but I've heard fitting real HID bulbs in them is a son of a gun.

Anyway, hope this helps

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man it sure does!! So were yours hard to install or what? Saw your cardomain BTW sweet truck man!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have to take out the stock assembly completely?? And do I have to do any splicing, or will It just be clipping stuff on to stock harnesses??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet So obviously there is a specific kit for our trucks right? I'm assuming an ebay search for "Colorado Pilot HIDS" should pull something?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh so HIDS retain the stock headlight housing, and it is a matter of replacing the bulbs and running a standalone power source to it??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey also how do you like your prosx?? How does it sound? and did it just bult up on place of stock, or was welding required?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
colorado_clean said:
Oh so HIDS retain the stock headlight housing, and it is a matter of replacing the bulbs and running a standalone power source to it??
Yes, the HIDs should come with everything you need :wink:

colorado_clean said:
Hey also how do you like your prosx?? How does it sound? and did it just bult up on place of stock, or was welding required?
I really like my ProXs, here is a clip. The video does not do it justice, it sounds much better in person and once it has broken in a little bit. It must be welded, but you can have an exhaust shop swap mufflers and retain stock piping

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v427/ ... xhaust.flv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts