Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at all the options with LED headlights and my head just keeps spinning. Which one are truly plug and play with no issues, from what ive read seems like a no issue LED is a unicorn. Been trying to narrow it down and are now stuck between Hikari and the JDM Astar. Any Opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was in the same boat and have avoided led headlights for 6 months but I'm willing to try the Hikari H11 low beam I'm keeping my Phillips ultra high beams I don't trust my high beams to led bulbs we got deer everywhere in western North Carolina.
I ordered mine on eBay for 48.00 free ship I also ordered 31mm dust covers from Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
How has the hikari been? Any issues?
No problems with my Hikari low or high beams. Ive had them installed for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm keeping my Phillips ultra high beams I don't trust my high beams to led bulbs
Are the Phillips Xtreme or Sylvania silver Star Ultras that much better than factory? I am also interested in the Hikari LEDs.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I picked up these Simdevanma's based on another users reviews here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXMIRY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had what seemed like a loose connection, which they warrantied within a couple of days. Couldnt be happier.

PS....from what I have been told, you ill see the biggest improvement on the projector headlights (which I have) so not sure how much difference they make with the standard headlamps.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've used JDM Astar for most of my LED upgrades in my Canyon. The only problem I've had is one of the low beam bulbs has started flickering after about 8 months of use. I'm working with them to get it replaced under their 1 year warranty. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are the Phillips Xtreme or Sylvania silver Star Ultras that much better than factory? I am also interested in the Hikari LEDs.
Im running Phillips ultra. The Phillips are brighter than stock but 5000k as advertised is not true IMO
Looks more like 4500 to me just a little whiter than oem That's ok though I believe that the throw of a good quality halogen outperforms LEDs in a reflector housing. Some people may argue the fact I agree that LEDs are brighter but they don't have the range that you need to drive safely especially when there's deer around LOL.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Some people may argue the fact I agree that LEDs are brighter but they don't have the range that you need to drive safely especially when there's deer around LOL
really? :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Rofl

Is that a truck or the enterprise it's hard to tell

ya, I'll take that as a compliment. lol
I figure I'm ready for deer, zombies, Fiats, deer-zombies, or anything else that wants to walk, crawl, roll out in front of me...
BTW: Thanks Jeep for the ever-continuing delay/game-playing on the pickup, cause I'm really liking this new toy!

·
Registered
253 Posts
ya, I'll take that as a compliment. lol
I figure I'm ready for deer, zombies, Fiats, deer-zombies, or anything else that wants to walk, crawl, roll out in front of me...
BTW: Thanks Jeep for the ever-continuing delay/game-playing on the pickup, cause I'm really liking this new toy!
It most definitely was a compliment!
Looks great man!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know a guy who recently retrofitted his motorcycle with LED's and the sharp border has been blamed on him hitting a cow and passing away onsite. Who knows ... makes ya think about it tho.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I picked up these Simdevanma's based on another users reviews here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXMIRY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had what seemed like a loose connection, which they warrantied within a couple of days. Couldnt be happier.

PS....from what I have been told, you ill see the biggest improvement on the projector headlights (which I have) so not sure how much difference they make with the standard headlamps.

I get updates regularly from Deal News and these same H11 bulbs go on special every now and then. Last was Tuesday and they were $28.99 for a pair !

https://dealnews.com

Simdevanma LED Headlight AIO Conversion Kit from $29 + free shipping With free shipping, that's tied with our mention from three weeks ago, up to $71 off, and the lowest price we've seen. Use coupon code "K6QRX9VY". MORE

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I get updates regularly from Deal News and these same H11 bulbs go on special every now and then. Last was Tuesday and they were $28.99 for a pair !

https://dealnews.com

Simdevanma LED Headlight AIO Conversion Kit from $29 + free shipping With free shipping, that's tied with our mention from three weeks ago, up to $71 off, and the lowest price we've seen. Use coupon code "K6QRX9VY". MORE

I would DEFINITELY buy a spare set at that price. Please kick me if they go on sale like that again.. Best bulbs I ever bought....and that price doesn't get much better. :wink2:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I would DEFINITELY buy a spare set at that price. Please kick me if they go on sale like that again.. Best bulbs I ever bought....and that price doesn't get much better. :wink2:
I just put some in the cart on Amazon and they are still that price with the Tuesday coupon code.

I think I might buy another set also to put in wifes car or spares. The thing is, her car is a PITA to change headlight bulbs. I can do it on the truck in less than 5 minutes.

Maybe I will get a spare set. For that price if one dies it's still cheaper than a mediocre halogen. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.