Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aside from the smooth operation the parking assist and vehicle holding when stopped on a hill are pluses for me. There is more adjustment to the seat but no memory, they have had five years to put a homelink inside, power rear slider ( the manual one is a pain) and accessory sun roof.....the price of my Denali should have had two of these three features.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive put so many miles on my Colo in 3 short years that Ive decided to trade up to a 2020 soon, before the new year.

I have the Duramax Z71, CCLB 4x4. Havent had but one issue, fixed it, no big deal. Love this truck. So much so that since 10/16 ive put 90k on it.

There were some annoying issues with it, not huge, but im hoping that theyve fixed them. Can anybody chime in with experience?

1) Hoping the HVAC works better, mine has an annoying whistle at higher fan settings, and takes a long time to get to full warm output. Full warm is only so warm. I live where it gets cold, hoping this got remedied.

2) that damn chevy lean, is it lesser/less common on recent models, or about the same as ever? The TSB came out after i was out of warranty, dealer told me to kick rocks. Ive been compensating with airbags, since i carry a heavy camper.

3) Has the 6 speed AT gotten any different programming or gotten any less harsh shifting? Its not bad, but it could be better for sure.

4) The mylink/apple car play, has it gotten any better? Mine has random freakouts and periods where the steering wheel controls dont respond well. I know its a combo of my phones weirdness and the trucks weirdness, hard to figure which is weirdest. Using an iphone 7.

Other than these smallish problems, this truck is perfect for me, everything really works great. Had the exhaust manifold gasket issue, fixed out of pocket, after warranty, private shop. Didnt even mind the 1k price. It does burn through rear brake pads faster than i thought it would, about every 50k miles, twice as fast as the fronts. Just did all fours with EBC yellowstuffs and rk rotors and theyre worth every penny. I love how easy it is to maintain, fluids and filters are all super easy.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased a new 2020
Colorado Z71 In September. It’s awesome! I have the extended cab, V6 with an 8 spd.
I now have about 3000 miles of enjoyable driving.
I have done several modifications:
Installed 20” chrome wheels & new tires, Chuck Mallett installed his supercharger kit, his performance exhaust system and lowered my Colorado about 3”!
Here’s some photos

1571621415326.jpeg
1571621517501.jpeg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have they put the native messaging app back or are they still forcing you to use android auto for that functionality like started in 2019?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts