Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title of my thread suggests, has anyone done it?

Its the grille that was on the AEV ZR2 truck. GM sells the grille already as an accessory, and its available as well. The original # was 84256927 but it changed to 84431359. Per the catalog, it fits every Colorado except the ZR2. I just put one on order, so maybe I'll be the first?

·
Registered
304 Posts
That would look even better if it was color matched, very nice find.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I like that grill might have to get one eventually

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hmmm, is this better looking than the bow tie? If it were the case you could pop off the bow tie and replace with same size as the bow tie I might be interested. Otherwise it’s too big for my liking.

Gusto

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
how do I find the info on this grill?

I went to gmparts and several other sites that show the part number, but they all show the same thing, basically saying it is special order, does not show image nor what it does and does not fit..

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
As the title of my thread suggests, has anyone done it?

Its the grille that was on the AEV ZR2 truck. GM sells the grille already as an accessory, and its available as well. The original # was 84256927 but it changed to 84431359. Per the catalog, it fits every Colorado except the ZR2. I just put one on order, so maybe I'll be the first?

@spoonman already had one on order a day or 10 ago. Guy subscribes to The GM new **** daily updates:grin2:.

Reactions: spoonman

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
@spoonman already had one on order a day or 10 ago. Guy subscribes to The GM new **** daily updates:grin2:.

haha

mine has an ETA of may 15th! Ordered it last sunday of April.

paid 329 for it after california tax + free shipping

Glad I didnt reinstall the 3m tape for my fender flares so it should be easier to take off the bumper. Plus I forgot to install the front bolts on my headlights when i changed them out lol

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp...it appears GM doesn't want anybody getting these yet. Order was canceled by GM, and now the status of the part went to "FUTURE PART NOT AVAIL - CANCEL UPON ORD ENTRY." Even though there was some available. Guess I will have to watch this closely.

Do the letters light up? Or can they be made to?
I'm sure they can be made to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
haha

mine has an ETA of may 15th! Ordered it last sunday of April.

paid 329 for it after california tax + free shipping

Glad I didnt reinstall the 3m tape for my fender flares so it should be easier to take off the bumper. Plus I forgot to install the front bolts on my headlights when i changed them out lol
A bit unrelated but I saw you mention the 3m tape. I have a ZR2 and was looking to replace the headlights and the bumper has to come off. Is there 3m tape I need to worry about/replace that hold the OEM flares on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
No tape to worry about on the ZR2 flares, they just use white push pins.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welp...it appears GM doesn't want anybody getting these yet. Order was canceled by GM, and now the status of the part went to "FUTURE PART NOT AVAIL - CANCEL UPON ORD ENTRY." Even though there was some available. Guess I will have to watch this closely.

I'm sure they can be made to.
Guess I got lucky. Picked my up yesterday.

Trying to install it today if I have time.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Guess I got lucky. Picked my up yesterday.

Trying to install it today if I have time.
How does it look, since we only got a box pic last night? :grin2:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not for nothing, other than it saying Chevrolet that other company (Ford) had it first I believe. I like being unique. It makes it look like we are copying.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Got it installed.

Part number is : 84431359

Fits: Non ZR2 Colorado's.

It's a matte black front with gloss black grille honeycomb (maybe honeycomb isn't the right word but the grille area with the nubs.

Clips on without issue on the stock bumper.

Grille off the truck

Installed pictures:

Here you see the glossyness of the top part of the grille.

Sticker on the grille. References MY19 and Bison so sounds likes this part is for that bison package coming out in 2019.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts