Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed my brake controller for a camper. I think it might have been the first time I've ever used the parking brake. All said and done the next time I drove it I noticed a loud squealing even though the parking brake was not engaged. I pulled over and saw this dangling, but the parking brake still engages just fine. Any advice? I can't tell where this is actually supposed to be mounted.
Automotive tire Tire Tread Automotive exterior Asphalt

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The park brake shoe return springs should pull the two rear cables back snug when you release the park brake. I expect your rear cables - or the PB mechanisms are corroded/dirty and dragging. I'd put the rear on stands, pull the rear discs/drums (don't know what you are driving) and go from there.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,818 Posts
It doesn’t get mounted, it’s the cable “splitter” that comes from the handle on 1 cable and the. Splits out to the two rear wheels. It’s should be more taunt so it looks like your e brakes need a little love.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Rear discs.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
what truck year and model?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts