Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a 2017 and 2018 Colorado, each in its model years' shade of blue, parked side by side. Don't often get a chance to compare colors so directly, so I snapped a pic for the sake of those that might wish to compare the two blue hues....

·
Registered
238 Posts
I came across a 2017 and 2018 Colorado, each in its model years' shade of blue, parked side by side. Don't often get a chance to compare colors so directly, so I snapped a pic for the sake of those that might wish to compare the two blue hues....

I still like my Laser Blue. Color really "pops" in direct sunlight. :grin2:

Another comment about the paint is it seems to stain very easily; bird droppings bug splatters are hard to get off. I'm getting a DA Polisher for XMas and see what I can do to clean up some areas and apply a good sealant on the whole truck.

Reactions: Stevef

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still like my Laser Blue. Color really "pops" in direct sunlight. :grin2:

Another comment about the paint is it seems to stain very easily; bird droppings bug splatters are hard to get off. I'm getting a DA Polisher for XMas and see what I can do to clean up some areas and apply a good sealant on the whole truck.

Maguires 20 is IMO the best. I can only find it online so I usually buy a couple bottles. It makes my black Denali pop unbelievable. Lasts for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Maguires 20 is IMO the best. I can only find it online so I usually buy a couple bottles. It makes my black Denali pop unbelievable. Lasts for a long time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, I've been doing some research on Polishes and Sealants/Waxes. It is my understanding that once you wash, clay bar, polish, you should apply a Sealant. And, the term Sealant is interchangeable with Wax? Or do you use both a Sealant and Wax?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Cool shot. I like the two colors, but I think I like my 2016 Laser Blue more. The 2018 seems a bit too light for me.

Reactions: Stevef

·
Registered
34 Posts

Yeah, I've been doing some research on Polishes and Sealants/Waxes. It is my understanding that once you wash, clay bar, polish, you should apply a Sealant. And, the term Sealant is interchangeable with Wax? Or do you use both a Sealant and Wax?

On a new vehicle I just do the 20 sealant. If it’s an older vehicle I clay bar, then sealant. Wax on the sealant is redundant IMO. Sometimes I will use Meguiars Ultimate Quick wax spray wax for a quick clean up of spots missed with the machine but I find the shine from the 20 can’t be topped and stands best on its own. After I apply I only need to do light wash, usually with no soap, just brush then wipe dry and it amazes me how it holds up and lasts. I do it once every 6 to 10 months because the Black takes a beating in the South Florida sun. I put a pic of the machine I use to apply.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts

Sealants are more for protection while waxes are more for shine. Sealants will provide a small amount of shine, but will mainly protect between 4-6 months for the good ones. A good wax will give you lots of shine, but best will last about a month.

You can layer them if you choose to, but put the sealant down first, with the wax on top.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On a new vehicle I just do the 20 sealant. If it’s an older vehicle I clay bar, then sealant. Wax on the sealant is redundant IMO. Sometimes I will use Meguiars Ultimate Quick wax spray wax for a quick clean up of spots missed with the machine but I find the shine from the 20 can’t be topped and stands best on its own. After I apply I only need to do light wash, usually with no soap, just brush then wipe dry and it amazes me how it holds up and lasts. I do it once every 6 to 10 months because the Black takes a beating in the South Florida sun. I put a pic of the machine I use to apply.

Here’s a pic of the truck after sealing with the 20

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good to know.

I've waxed vehicle by hand for years, but never used a DA Polisher. I've been looking at the TORQ polishers on Amazon, but I'll check out the Griots machines.

My truck is new 2017, purchased in June. It sits outside all day and it has some stains on the paint that won't wash off. So, I'm going to use the polish to work on those problem areas and follow up with a sealant and maybe some wax on top of the sealant. Thanks

Reactions: DenaliDsl

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

Me, I like the black one sitting between the two blue ones in the background. My truck would have been black if the dealer had one on the lot. But honestly, the specs of the truck build were the most important part of the buying process. Color was less important.

But if I had to pick - LBM a definite winner! (for obvious reasons)

Gusto!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.