Yup that's right got dyno tunned today mods are

AEM BF intake
PCM 4 Less tune (not any more!!!)
Gibson extreme dual exhaust
gutted pre cat
Airaid TBS
20" Boss 315s and

70degree wether

baseline dyno was 157HP.......after 3 or 4 runs and tunning in between each I finally got to the magic number of 200HP!!!!! this is all on a Mustang Dyno (loaded dyno)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
With the gutted cat and mail order tune you had only 157hp at the wheels?

What octane rating were you tuned to from PCMforless?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
that would be quite crazy if you dynoed with the pcmforless at 157 then got a custom tune to get you to 200 with no other mods.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i dont know what all this stuff means but it sounds mean and 200 HP's gotta be sweet... good job Kid!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the air temp was 70 degrees I posted that right after the mods :wink: :D

no BS guys!!!!! it was actually 157HP with the PCM 4 less.. I am not bad mouthing nor dogging the company but the tune they gave me was WAY too conservative!!!

right after the base run the first try the guy got 196HP!!! then after 3 or 4 more (tunning in between each dyno run) he got to the magic number of 200hp!!! and 189lb ft of tq!!! the 200hp mark is at 119mph too!!! :D

I love the new tune and I will go to this shop for now on plus I get a discount for that shop because im a member of another site :twisted:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thats freakin awesome, Truck sounds great. Nice work.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh my bad... but I was just gonna say that I got dyno tuned at PCMforLess with an air temp of 102* and we only got the HP up to 198.6 I really don't see how you were only getting 157hp at the wheels man... thats bad.. glad you got that number up though I really wanna take mine back an do some pulls in cooler air Good job though enjoy it... Im sure you are already... lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
Flywheel said:
Oh my bad... but I was just gonna say that I got dyno tuned at PCMforLess with an air temp of 102* and we only got the HP up to 198.6 I really don't see how you were only getting 157hp at the wheels man... thats bad.. glad you got that number up though I really wanna take mine back an do some pulls in cooler air Good job though enjoy it... Im sure you are already... lol
are u sure that 198.6 wasnt at the fly wheel he got his done on a loaded dyno which tells u what u put down on the street this is the real hp

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Looks like I might get mine done too. Just got the magic number known as my tax return=$$$$$$$...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wait a min I thought the 2005 I5 had 220 HP im confused here explain please.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice numbers.
red12 said:
Wait a min I thought the 2005 I5 had 220 HP im confused here explain please.
These are numbers at the wheels, whereas the 220 hp number comes from crankshaft.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts