Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mileage and wear are drivers getting with these tires?

I'm nearing 37k miles with my tires and I'm not too sure I'll be too safe this winter with how much tread has been worn.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm at 28k and averaging about 2k/mo so I know this winter will be a bit dicey and just plan on driving accordingly. Then I will get a new set next fall with about 50k.

·
Registered
380 Posts
37k is pretty damn good for OEM tires. We are very fortunate to have a quality OEM tire. Most are built to manufacturer spec complete crap.

I could go on and on listing all of the junk tires that came OEM on my new cars and I’ve had a lot over the past 10 years. Actually, this tire and the Continentals on my S3 were the only ones that I can think of that I actually liked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
60k mike tires wearing too quickly. I don’t remember the formula but they gave me 40% credit of cost of new adventures toward the duratracs. I think with mounting and balancing the duratracs cost me $540ish.
dang, now you just made my decision even harder on which tire I should replace the wranglers with. I'm in a toss up between the Falken AT3W, Nitto ExoGrapplers, and now Goodyear Duratracs if I can score some for that price.

Did they let you choose your tire size or were you stuck with OEM-sizing recommendation?

·
Registered
89 Posts
A word on the goodyear duratracs. You will be lucky to get 37K on them they wear real quick and after about 20K there so noisy you cant stand them!! Ive had 2 sets and both the same results. They aren't that great on traction either But they do look good

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to avoid noisy tires, like the noise that makes it sound like your vehicle is messed up. The knobby sound and the howl that often comes with chunky tires doesn't both me too much. Otherwise treadlife and performance, especially in winter are important. It can get fairly nasty around here.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
A word on the goodyear duratracs. You will be lucky to get 37K on them they wear real quick and after about 20K there so noisy you cant stand them!! Ive had 2 sets and both the same results. They aren't that great on traction either But they do look good
My tires are still like new but now that the rains are here I find these Duratracs have poor wet surface traction. Great ride and quiet but like I said they are still new.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My tires are still like new but now that the rains are here I find these Duratracs have poor wet surface traction. Great ride and quiet but like I said they are still new.

They were not noisy at all but I traded my truck in around 10k miles on them so maybe would have gotten louder as they wore down. They still looked new at 10k and loved the look and feel of the duratracs. I ended up going with 265-70-17s with no problems through the claim but my speedo was about 4mph off.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The Goodyear wrangler adventure with Kevlar is a 60k tire you should be getting close to that out of them especially if your keeping up with your rotates on them. Idk about the oe ones but we sell them at the shop and for the most part people are getting mid to high 50k out of them. I’ve been happy with this tire especially compared to the Goodyear fortitude i had before I did the swap to the z71 wheel and tires. The fortitudes were trash I didn’t like them at all very slick tires on wet roads. I’m really liking the adventure I think it has good traction and it seems quieter to me compared to the fortitude.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In my humble opinion the Firestone Destination AT/3 were one of the best all around tires ive ever owned.Tire rack rated them and HANKOOK DYNA PROS the best in most categories. The dura tracs are actually a commercial tire mine were LOAD range E my mileage dropped the traction wasn't that great and afterabout 20K they got really LOUD!!!!!!.The winters here get really nasty lots of mountains and hills and the firestones were the best for me anyways but I would stay away from the duratracs. I also got 60K on firestones you wont get half that on duratracs

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the destination A/Ts on my jeep and found they were 'good enough' in the snow the first two winters but really fell off as they wore. They were a good AT tire the other seasons especially if your vehicle saw mostly pavement -- not as loud as other AT tires.

This will be my first winter on the good year adventure ATs.

nothing beats a dedicated snow tire.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I had the Firestone Destination A/Ts on my old Colorado and they were great. Great year round tire but I don't go off road with them. Mostly traveling highways in bad weather. As they wear they slip some in rain off the start, but in the snow and ice around here they were good tires and last a long time. I got 55,000 miles out of them before my trade in and they were still fine. I bought another set just to have new tires but didn't really need them. And they stay pretty quiet on the highways. I'm getting another set as soon as the Goodyears wear out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
On other truck forums (Jeep, Tacoma, Tundra etc.) I read the Duratrac has great tread wear at well over 50k from most of the reports I've read. I didn't see anyone complaining about treadwear. The main complaints were about excessive noise as the tires wear. Traction in various conditions is so subjective that I take those opinions with a grain of salt.

Treadwear reports can vary quite a bit too. You need to know what vehicle the tire was on, what the load rating was and what conditions they wrre driven in. A soft compound tire on a heavy vehicle that regularly drives twisty roads in 90F+ heat is going to wear tires fast compared to a lighter vehicle driven slower on mostly straight roads in milder temps. I'm more like the former and treadwear seems ok but I have not measured them. I'm creeping up on 20k I think so I'll measure them tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dura tracs were on a full size Tundra they were Load range E were great in the beginning but later became really noisy!!! The traction was horrible esp on wet roads and they WORE OUT FAST.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
My dura tracs were on a full size Tundra they were Load range E were great in the beginning but later became really noisy!!! The traction was horrible esp on wet roads and they WORE OUT FAST.
Wet road traction is pretty weak for me too. The OE Adventure Kevlar wasn't much better. Compared to all-season passenger car tires like the Continental Pure Contact pretty much all all-terrain tires do poorly on wet roads. My next tire will be something less aggressive to enhance on-road performance and fuel economy. These Duratracs are awesome off-road but a but overkill for my needs. I have yet to experience traction issues off-road which is cool but I spend 85% of my miles on road. I'll likely try one of the following next: Firestone Destination AT, Nitro Terra Grappler G2, or Kumho Venture AT51.

Reactions: CO_Texan

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Goodyear wrangler adventure with Kevlar is a 60k tire you should be getting close to that out of them especially if your keeping up with your rotates on them. Idk about the oe ones but we sell them at the shop and for the most part people are getting mid to high 50k out of them. I’ve been happy with this tire especially compared to the Goodyear fortitude i had before I did the swap to the z71 wheel and tires. The fortitudes were trash I didn’t like them at all very slick tires on wet roads. I’m really liking the adventure I think it has good traction and it seems quieter to me compared to the fortitude.
I have 32k on my original Goodyears. No way will they see 50k. They started to get noisy about 2k ago. I've rotated the tires four times since I purchased the truck two years ago.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.