1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
How much was it?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Read the instructions on this and you have to remove the shock and spring and compress the spring, and remove the it as a piece goes on top of the spring isolator.

Also:

Warranty Implications: Voids New Vehicle Limited Warranty on Front suspension components (control arms, knuckles, tie-rods, halfshafts, and dampers)

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/84621360.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The warranty is a big disappointment. They want you to lift a certain way but won't cover any of it. You got to pay to play I suppose. I think GM will have a hard time selling these but I think I might be the first sucker.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wonder if those UCAs can be used on other canyons and colorados to help clear the coils with spacer/coilover lifts?

·
Registered
298 Posts
With the op unwilling to say what it cost... I’m guessing $700+

F that and you lose warranty!

You can get a $75 leveling kit and “maybe” lose your warranty...

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's a performance part and and it was not on the vehicle when it left the assembly line so of course I would void the warranty on anything on those components.

The cool part is

The ZR2 Front Leveling Kit with High-Angle Upper Control Arms increases front ride height by up to 1 ¼ inches, levels vehicle stance and provides a greater approach angle, all of which help enable the use of popular off-road tire combinations. High-angle upper control arms maintain optimal joint articulation for increased front suspension travel and upgraded ball joints increase cross car articulation by up to 18%. The sealed ball joint and boot design based on Chevrolet Performance standards provides a protected environment from off road elements. This system provides additional integration with the DSSV Damper Spool Valves to maintain the factory ride quality of stock ZR2.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's a performance part and and it was not on the vehicle when it left the assembly line so of course I would void the warranty on anything on those components.

The cool part is

The ZR2 Front Leveling Kit with High-Angle Upper Control Arms increases front ride height by up to 1 ¼ inches, levels vehicle stance and provides a greater approach angle, all of which help enable the use of popular off-road tire combinations. High-angle upper control arms maintain optimal joint articulation for increased front suspension travel and upgraded ball joints increase cross car articulation by up to 18%. The sealed ball joint and boot design based on Chevrolet Performance standards provides a protected environment from off road elements. This system provides additional integration with the DSSV Damper Spool Valves to maintain the factory ride quality of stock ZR2.
It is a GM part!

It’s not like adding some off brand after market part.

They can say all that great stuff about it, but they don’t have confidence in it as they void your warranty if you install it.

The front lift kit is the only part offered by GM performance for the Colorado that void your warranty... so don’t give me “of course it’s going to void your warranty, it wasn’t installed when you purchased the truck”

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is a GM part!

It’s not like adding some off brand after market part.

They can say all that great stuff about it, but they don’t have confidence in it as they void your warranty if you install it.

The front lift kit is the only part offered by GM performance for the Colorado that void your warranty... so don’t give me “of course it’s going to void your warranty, it wasn’t installed when you purchased the truck”
good lord someone is getting excited. Jeep does the same thing. This is not my first off road vehicle.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Folks, it has nothing to do with them not believing in and trusting the parts. It has everything to do with having to re-crash test the vehicle with a new ride height, etc. and if you remember from the Expedition Overland video with the AEV prez, that was not something GM was willing to fork over millions for.

Make a good relationship with your dealer that sells GM performance parts and have their service department install them, they are more likely to go to bat for you if something fails that shouldn't of.

·
Banned
130 Posts
I would be interested in the UCA's but I'm happy with my $50 RC level and $150 Bodylift... neither voided my warranty either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just want to be in before all of the cv destruct posts...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
To bad you can't get a high angle ball joint for the stock UCA's, same result.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wonder if those UCAs can be used on other canyons and colorados to help clear the coils with spacer/coilover lifts?
Not unless you change to the ZR2 lowers because these UCA's add 1.5" of tracking width on each side to your truck. Icon makes UCA's for the none ZR2 Colorado's and Canyons, plus they use polyurethane bushings as opposed to metal sleeve rubber like the ones shown above.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
26 Participants
markhs2
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing