Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does he original 2016 factory warranty a tire repair. Like a nail in tire? Could you take into dealer for that?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
No road hazard or tread life warranty, but the original tires are warrantied against defects.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nope. Unless you spotted in in the tire on the dealer's lot before you took delivery.
It's a $20 repair at a tire shop. Why waste the time going to the dealer for that....... even if it was free?

(I took my truck in for an oil change and the Android Auto update and it took them ALL DAY! Free is NOT free when you have to give up your truck for the whole day. The only thing that impressed me was that they refilled my DEF at no cost when they did the oil change)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Does he original 2016 factory warranty a tire repair. Like a nail in tire? Could you take into dealer for that?

Roadsde assistance warranty says they will change or repair a flat tire.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As a general rule, the warranty only covers any deficiencies that are directly related to their workmanship or parts they used. Or in other words, the manufacturer could have prevented the deficiency.

There is no way a manufacturer can prevent a tire from being punctured by road debri. So generally that type of repair is not covered.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
As a general rule, the warranty only covers any deficiencies that are directly related to their workmanship or parts they used. Or in other words, the manufacturer could have prevented the deficiency.

There is no way a manufacturer can prevent a tire from being punctured by road debri. So generally that type of repair is not covered.
In a different vehicle.... Roadside assistance covered a tire puncture. The puncture was not repairable. They replaced the tire at a pro-rated amount. The tire was about 2 years old - and they gave me what the tire was worth being 2 years old.

So yes...it can be covered under roadside. I'm just not familiar with GM's *fine print*

·
Registered
62 Posts
In SoCal you can purchase a tire maintinence contract at Allen tire,about 80 bucks.Includes rotation, road hazard(they patch and plug a hole)balancing whenever you request it,and evacuation and nitro fills for the life of the tires.The best part is the wait is never more than 15-30 minutes if there is a wait at all.Your new tires have no road hazard ,you fix your own flats,they will not balance your tires or rotate without you paying for it.I'll be buying the contract next week,and these guys are good tire men,no shop monkeys.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
First time I had my truck in for service the service sign-off person noticed a screw in one of my tires. They said it was too close to the sidewall to repair, that I needed a new tire at $200+! I said I'd keep an eye on it and consider my options, drove to my local tire place and they fixed it in about 10 minutes for under $20...just like Doctors, sometimes it pays to get a 2nd opinion...

·
Registered
159 Posts
In a different vehicle.... Roadside assistance covered a tire puncture. The puncture was not repairable. They replaced the tire at a pro-rated amount. The tire was about 2 years old - and they gave me what the tire was worth being 2 years old.

So yes...it can be covered under roadside. I'm just not familiar with GM's *fine print*
I stand corrected. I guess I should get more familiar with the manufacturer's roadside assistance. I usually just disregard it since I've always had Auto Club.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I stand corrected. I guess I should get more familiar with the manufacturer's roadside assistance. I usually just disregard it since I've always had Auto Club.
You gotta look at the warranty details. I honestly don't know if GMC covers a tire under roadside or not..... (I haven't looked). Or perhaps It's covered under the 'tire' warranty which would be separate from GMC's roadside assistance.

I don't know...I just know what I've experienced in the past which doesn't mean squat these days. Things change so much - makes my head hurt!! LOL

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
So three business days have lapsed since "The Great Nail Debate" of 2016.
So what's the verdict OP? What did the dealership do for you -send you away? Fixed it for a fee? Covered it as warranty?
Not trying to be a smart-Alec but I'm curious... Do you get paid to moderate the forums? Because if you don't - dude, you need to find another hobby. It's almost like you're sitting at your computer 24 hours a day monitoring things that really don't need to be monitored. Let it go!! Go outside and have a beer, listen to the birds, be glad you're alive... Just saying!! :)

And no offense of course.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Had a near 30 mile dirt bike ride this morning. Good stuff.

And, what's the problem with asking for an update on the repair. The post was written on a weekend. After several business days, OP should have been denied or have the tire repair made for free.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not trying to be a smart-Alec but I'm curious... Do you get paid to moderate the forums? Because if you don't - dude, you need to find another hobby. It's almost like you're sitting at your computer 24 hours a day monitoring things that really don't need to be monitored. Let it go!! Go outside and have a beer, listen to the birds, be glad you're alive... Just saying!!
A very unhealthy obsession , indeed. There should be "FAA" The 12-Step Recovery Program of Forum Addicts to help good people like @08Canyon 0:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
21 Participants
Gregguz
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing