Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 gmc canyon 2wd 4cyl. I have a rattle that usually happens only around 1500rpm when accelerating or keeping foot on the gas coasting. Does not happen in neutral or if I take my foot off the gas. If I continue to accelerate past 1500rpm or take my foot off the gas it goes away. It’s also intermittent and happens only 80% of the time for the past couple months. Has 20k miles.

in the video you can hear it go away at 46mph (11 seconds) once I begin to accelerate..

help! It’s bugging the **** out of me and I’ve looked around and doesn’t appear to be heat shield or anything else that’s loose that I’ve seen.

video here

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
put it in tow mode and see if it does it

did you buy it new?
have you had the transmission fluid changed?

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Sorry.. should have mentioned. It’s 2wd 4 cylinder so no tow mode. Bought used at 16k and have not had trans fluid changed. Changed oil a few weeks ago.
okay, then forget about my post, you have the 6 speed transmission, the 8-speed has what they call the shudder

I heard the noise in your video, check catylytic converter area, beat on things, may be a selenoid//

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I’ve checked my ecm mount and seems secure. I’ll give it another look as well as the area under steering column.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump. Probably going to take it in to get diagnosed but anyone got any last suggestions before I do? Would love to not have to…

hasnt been any of the above and looked all around in the engine compartment/fenders/under carriage and nothing seems loose..
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts