Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
"a total of 60,678 vehicles in the United States are believed to be affected by this problem."

You see, here in Canada, we have too much ice and snow. We can't tell if our power steering has failed.🤔

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you read the documents on the NHTSA website, it says it (the recall) covers trucks made on or before May 22, 2015. After that date, new components or protocols were used so those trucks "shouldnt" be affected.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
"a total of 60,678 vehicles in the United States are believed to be affected by this problem."

You see, here in Canada, we have too much ice and snow. We can't tell if our power steering has failed.🤔
I will tell you, as I had one of the first power steering failures that led to the original recall, I suspect, you will know.

With the electric power steering, when it fails, it is impossible to steer. I have driven vehicles with hydraulic power steering that failed, you could still steer it with a bit of extra effort. With electric power steering failure, it takes everything you have to steer even slightly.

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
322 Posts
I put my VIN number in, and also checked my "MyChevrolet" web page, and both of them say I fall under this recall with my 2015 CC V6. Guess a trip to the dealer will be happening in my future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the heads up ! My truck is part of this recall as well. A quick check with my dealer (Don Wheaton Edmonton, AB) and they said a severe shortage of parts in Canada. I need to check back in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Guys
Don't mean tp highjack the thread but.. is their a way to find out what date ones truck was built say via the vin# ..?
Thx

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hey Guys
Don't mean tp highjack the thread but.. is their a way to find out what date ones truck was built say via the vin# ..?
Thx
Can't decode VINs like that anymore. Too many vehicles being produced each year. Throw your VIN in here to check for recalls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts