Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody IN CALIFORNIA have the GM Performance Air Filter installed on their 2021 or 2022 Colorado/Canyon V6, or has anyone bought a truck with the dealer-installed option? I bought a 2022 ZR2 from Allen Gwynn Chevrolet in Glendale, CA and it came with the performance filter installed by the dealer. They're telling me that any part sold by GM is emissions-legal, which I know NOT to be true. Previous year models (2017-2020) require a CARB Exempt sticker with an E.O. number in order to pass emissions. I'm trying to find somebody in CA who bought this filter and might have the sticker that I can see. If so, please drop a photo in the comments. I do not need to see any from 2017-2020 as it does not apply.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
uhh its supposed to have that carb e.o. sticker on the air box.... you bought it at the dealer right? well you may need to go have a chat with them, so they can get you a new sticker...
also 2017-22 are all the same so they do still apply

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
Does anybody IN CALIFORNIA have the GM Performance Air Filter installed on their 2021 or 2022 Colorado/Canyon V6, or has anyone bought a truck with the dealer-installed option? I bought a 2022 ZR2 from Allen Gwynn Chevrolet in Glendale, CA and it came with the performance filter installed by the dealer. They're telling me that any part sold by GM is emissions-legal, which I know NOT to be true. Previous year models (2017-2020) require a CARB Exempt sticker with an E.O. number in order to pass emissions. I'm trying to find somebody in CA who bought this filter and might have the sticker that I can see. If so, please drop a photo in the comments. I do not need to see any from 2017-2020 as it does not apply.
View attachment 429982
Does your new vehicle require an inspection for registration as part of purchase?
If so it had to pass

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhh its supposed to have that carb e.o. sticker on the air box.... you bought it at the dealer right? well you may need to go have a chat with them, so they can get you a new sticker...
also 2017-22 are all the same so they do still apply
Yes, I know. That's why I'm posting here. My salesman Roberto Acevedo, the Service Manager and the general manager at Allen Gwynn Chevrolet are all telling me there is no sticker. The part is the same for 2017-22 but only the 2017-2020 years have CARB approval. So I'm trying to find someone with a 2021 or 2022 Colorado that might have the correct E.O. number for 2020-22 and a photo of the sticker.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
hmmmm.. I dont think i can help you then, since my dealership doesnt have any v6 colorados with that option on them right now, and I doubt i will soon. haha.. i have 4 colorados on lot and 2 are the v6. Its not a very common dealer add on part, not to say they dont exist, hence your truck, but that may be a tall order for you to ask us for the moment. Also in cali right now you dont need to smog that truck for like 7 years now.. Ive had mine for 6 going now toward 7 and ive never smogged mine yet. so you have some time atleast!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It is not CARB approved. You can try a previous year.

84016022: D-126-40
84655710: D-126-53
23342235: D-126-43, D-126-44
84366628: D-126-43, D-126-44

Just say it's stock. Seriously. IT literally has GM on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im not in cali but I do have the GM intake, bought it off of ShopChevyParts. I can post a picture/ look under the hood and see if I can find the sticker you're looking for tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I think the thing many are missing is that you need that carb sticker to get out of any trouble in the smal chance for some strange reason you get pulled over and they decide to inspect your engine. Yes it is a very small chance etc etc about legality of them being able to check, but its a possibility. So no CARB sticker = ticket. It doesnt only apply when a smog check is performed for registration purposes.

Reactions: ChevyFTW

·
Registered
71 Posts
That would be much appreciated. What year is your truck?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Bumper Audio equipment

Hood Gas Bumper Motor vehicle Auto part

Only sticker I can see. I dont believe its the one you're looking for though. Mines is a 17. Anyways, the intake should be legal since it shares the same intake size as the stock, its not like K&N's or others where you can increase the tube diameter to allow more airflow. I'm pretty sure GM wouldn't be allowed to sell a product not allowed in all states.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system

Here is the description from ShopChevyParts.com

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
No, but I don't want to be left hanging when it's time to renew the registration
Oh I definitely agree that you don't want to be left hanging when it is time to renew,
I asked since I was not familiar with California's system

·
Registered
136 Posts
If they give you a ticket, steal their cat. No problems doing that. Find the cops address and s%$t on his sidewalk. This is one F')ked up state.

Reactions: ChevyFTW
1 - 15 of 15 Posts