Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what u guys that have the catback system from gm think about it. i am thinking bout putting a system on my 04 cc canyon and cant decide on what kind to get. i want something that sounds deep without sounding to much like a 5 cyl. i had a magnaflow catback system put on my 84' s-10 blazer and it sounded really good for only being a small 2.8L but i dont think its the right sound for the canyon. any opinions would be appreciated. also how much does the gm system run for? thanx

·
Registered
4,429 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx alot th2855, appreciate the fast reply

·
Registered
89 Posts
the GM exhaust is identical to to magnaflow system, i looked at the GM system and noticed that, i have the magnaflow on my colorado with the I5 and it sounds great

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did u get the dual magnaflow system or just the single?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the GM cat=back. It's a single. Wife got it for me for Christmas. Don't know the cost.

Nice and quiet if I don't get on it but sounds great when I get on it. If I were you I'd get the performance version(that's mine) rather than the touring version. Can't imagine the touring version sounding a whole lot different than stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the input guys, i've decided on getting the gm performance system, should be on hopefully this spring/summer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone tried the touring system or heard it? Im sorta unsure on the difference between an aggressive growl and a throaty purr. I do like the sound of the performance system exhaust from gm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i seen a few days ago one of the guys on here had a link to a gm website that u could here the performance, touring and stock system. if i find it again i'll post the link later on

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey i found it faster than i thought i would, anyways i wasnt sure how to make the link work but here it is for ya, just click on the bottom left hand box with gm exhaust hear the difference

http://www.gm.oeaccessories.com/bobfisherchev

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good find!

·
Registered
285 Posts
we always said "cat back" means nothing from the cat back!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Jscolorado said:
My comp. wont seem to let me click on that box. Is anyone else having that problem?
Had the same problem. My fix was to use internet explorer unfortunately. It did not work for me in Firefox. Then I think I had to allow pop ups for that site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found a site on my own yesterday that allowed you to hear stock exhaust, then touring, then performance. I have it book marked on my other comp. I will put it on here when im on there next.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Look me up and go to my post gm performance exhaust. The touring edition is a waste. And once again for clarification the gm kit is made by Borla!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the sound of the kit, however once it gets a little warmer over here, I plan on deleting the pipe after the muffler and putting a turndown tip directly on the muffler, for better flow. A lot of guys are doing this, especially the guys with the 4 bangers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts