Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for peoples experience with either of the GM catback exhausts. I believe there is a sport and touring version, correct? I understand that they are covered by GM's warranties to. Are they (the exhausts) any good? Are any other tuning mods. necessary when one is fitted?

Is it true they are made by Borla for GM?

90% of my interest is in the sound!

:?:

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
There's a thread with soundclips of exhausts in the Performance section, its one of the stickies at the top. Its a long thread, but there's a post in there from a guy who got the GM exhaust on his truck.

It sounds great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check it out - thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've been on that thread before. There are tons of broken links on it. I guess I'm not looking so much for sound clips of the exhaust, but more stories of peoples experience with having one fitted and how it's been working out for 'em.

I couldn't find the post by the guy with the GM exhaust. Do you know what page it is on, or who posted it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't know if this helps. I have a 2007 reg. cab Canyon 4x4 that I recently put the performance GM (Borla) catback on. It all bolted right up. Only problem was I have the factory trailer hitch and we had to trim a little half moon uo on the right side of it (not enough to weaken the hitch) so the tip wouldn't hit the hitch. Sound wise depends what you want. The idle has a nice deep rumble but not loud. Absolutely no drone on the highway. You hear it a little cause now I can hear the exhaust sound change when its shifting and you didn't hear anything before. Over all I'm happy with it. I didn't want it real loud or ricey. Its expensive but its all stainless. I should never have any replacement problems and I'm sure it will get deeper with age. I know its never going to sound like a V8. But for me its exceptable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnny1 said:
Don't know if this helps. I have a 2007 reg. cab Canyon 4x4 that I recently put the performance GM (Borla) catback on. It all bolted right up. Only problem was I have the factory trailer hitch and we had to trim a little half moon uo on the right side of it (not enough to weaken the hitch) so the tip wouldn't hit the hitch. Sound wise depends what you want. The idle has a nice deep rumble but not loud. Absolutely no drone on the highway. You hear it a little cause now I can hear the exhaust sound change when its shifting and you didn't hear anything before. Over all I'm happy with it. I didn't want it real loud or ricey. Its expensive but its all stainless. I should never have any replacement problems and I'm sure it will get deeper with age. I know its never going to sound like a V8. But for me its exceptable.
Thanks for the feedback. I have the factory lowered ZQ8, so now you've got me wondering about the trailer hitch, 'coz I also have that. I guess I could take it off seen as I never use it. I already destroyed the electrical connector on a speed bump and so I took the complete wiring harness out. My hitch is just extra weight. Yeah, I've heard a few sound clips of the idle and it does sound nice. Did the performance improve and did you have to do any tuning tweaks? As for price, doesn't it run about $850+labor? I would not attempt to fit it myself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't remember what I paid. I work at a dealership so I get a employee discount. But it was about the same as what would be at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com Performance wise I really didn't notice anything. But its supposed to add seven horsepower. Didn't do any tuning except I have a 63 series K&N on my 3.7 I5

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have the magnaflow catback system and it sounds much better than that GM system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts