Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The rear cab structure and glass look really out of place. Other than that, not bad lookswise, it's no Canyon though =P
The F150 rear window slider looks weird on a Heep.

A rollbar would give it a lot more traditional Jeep profile, albeit at the expense of bed space. But let's be real, no one who buys one of these gives one single **** about bed space.

The diesel might be tempting, but given the astronomical pricing, not that tempting, with a 2.8 in the stable.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
This is more like a Jeep where it is a life style vehicle than practical daily work truck. Jeeps are a cult or culture unto their own. I work with a lot of Jeep people and they have a different agenda than most truck buyers.

GM sold the Hummers more on image and status and it was the same thing. People wanted something different. Under the H2 and H3 shells were GM platforms but they were different enough to create their won fan base and unfortunate critics.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I finally seen a Jeep gladiator drove by my work the other day it is ugly and the bed sides are so low. I have yet to see a ranger in the wild though surprised I say the Jeep first

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got back from wheeling in Moab last week, where we ran into some guys from Jeep testing the diesel Gladiators on Poison Spyder trail (neither were marked as Rubicon models, but one had a 2" lift and 35s, along with a bed that was bobbed by about a foot I think). Michigan plates, the DOT stickers on the doors, and very tight-lipped about everything but otherwise friendly. We had stopped to offer them assistance because one of the Gladiator's wheels broke (looked like a caliper bolt came loose and took a massive chunk out of the aluminum rim when the brakes got crunched), but they got everything taken care of. The rep did mention that the diesel was way better than the gas engine on the pull up to the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70, and then he mentioned that it would not be rated to tow as much as the other Jeeps because they were having some cooling issues with it. He also wouldn't say if they were considering production of the 2-door concept they has at EJS but that would be really cool if they did. They were pretty cool guys, and liked my buddy's manual Commanche quite a bit. It will be interesting to see the diesel Gladiator once it is released for production.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Saw this on my way home yesterday. Gladiator Rubicon only $61K! Who’s buying?

Gusto!

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sat in one yesterday...a Rubicon top trim level, I believe it was almost 62k...I really liked it, and if was made of money I would have traded the ZR2 for it....almost 2 years and 40k in on mine and I bore easily...:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw my first three Rubicons today in a span of a few minutes. That means I've seen more new Rubicons in one day than I have new Rangers in 6 months.

I wasn't impressed with the looks of Rubicons but the owners seemed happy.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Just saw my first Gladiator in the wild a few minutes ago. It was parked on side of road, down from my daughter's house, there were kids playing, cars moving around, etc., so I couldn't look at it to figure out trim level or anything. Hopefully the owner lives there and I will see it sometime when the street is not so congested.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
23 Participants
CaryBosse
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing