Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
My neighbor is a Chrysler exec and has been driving one. Sometimes the M plate vehicles are beat to hell because that specific employee may be testing the powertrain or moving parts and the body panels aren't relevant to testing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I also saw a red one on my commute this morning that had a customer plate on it. Might be the first one.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Looks ugly to me but that's what I expected. I guess the Ridgeline needed some competition.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saw this in the Planet Fitness parking lot a couple days ago, finally downloaded off phone:

what the heck were you doing at Planet Fitness?
Believe it or not, I work out almost every day. Not a fitness fanatic by any stretch of the imagination, but I saw what inactivity did to my dad. Beside, there's some rather attractive eye candy there and I can hide my drooling with my sweating, unlike being at the grocery store. >:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Believe it or not, I work out almost every day. Not a fitness fanatic by any stretch of the imagination, but I saw what inactivity did to my dad. Beside, there's some rather attractive eye candy there and I can hide my drooling with my sweating, unlike being at the grocery store. >:)

Too funny.....

HH

·
Registered
3,079 Posts

I am more of a fanatic, weights then spinning this morning. Had planned on doing a Dual-thon that I won a couple years ago, when I went to register the price is now 90 bucks...not going to pay that much for a t-shirt and it is something I do all the time anyway. plus no charity is listed..

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Jeep is doing Dealer Training on the parking lot of a big mall near me(Mid-Rivers) they do it every year. 4 big tents with dealers from 300 miles around. This year they have about a dozen gladiators, fake boulders and hills. Also have a Taco, Ranger and a Collie Z71 , probably to compare to.
They had a Gladiator raised with 35's and fox shocks. They did not run me off, I sat in one, checked the bed in another one, to see how deep it is. when I left they were pulling a 25 foot car hauler supposedly with a car in it.

maybe I can get one cheap, tornado sirens going off here right now

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
FUGLY! - enough said. Oh................IMO.

Gusto!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jeep is doing Dealer Training on the parking lot of a big mall near me(Mid-Rivers) they do it every year. 4 big tents with dealers from 300 miles around. This year they have about a dozen gladiators, fake boulders and hills. Also have a Taco, Ranger and a Collie Z71 , probably to compare to.
They had a Gladiator raised with 35's and fox shocks. They did not run me off, I sat in one, checked the bed in another one, to see how deep it is. when I left they were pulling a 25 foot car hauler supposedly with a car in it.

maybe I can get one cheap, tornado sirens going off here right now

Went through the same storm today... I know I'm definitely NOT interested in one.. they're ugly as a mud fence to me.. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder..
as for me I'll stick with ::chevy:: everyday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was a teen in the 80s and I'll admit I always liked the look of the Commanche (even the Cherokee) but as much as I was excited by the idea of a new jeep pick up I just can't like the look of it. Just looks poorly thought out, which I find wierd since I like the 2 door jeeps that get the truck bed conversion (Remove the 2nd doors). I even think it looks awkward with the doors off.
Guess I'll have to stick to my Colorado ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
As for styling.... it’s a Jeep thing.
It's not traditional Jeep, though. Many of the purists shun the 4 doors. Just look at how they treated square headlights! They're (FCA) just attempting to make them practical enough to drive daily without compromising the kiddos. Instead, they compromised the aesthetic proportions. I can't say I blame them. They sure have sold enough of the 4 doors by widening their market appeal. I've even had to talk my wife out of one!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Well I thought the 4 door would tank but while it was shunned by a few it was embraced by many more than I expected. The Wrangler 4 door has been a run away success-with increased sales and higher prices.

I do not expect that same runner away success here the truck will be very profitable.

To clarify when I say it is a Jeep thing it is the nature of a Jeep they all share. While FCA has refined the Jeep it still suffers from harsh ride, not great on road handling, odd packaging. Then you add water leaks and noise with the shot top, stone chips from your own tires and. Ay main point styling like the Mini that is locked in for better or worse.

The Styling is what draws many as a number of people are drawn to things that are different looks wise. The Soul, PT, HHR, Hummers and others has a draw due to styling. The soft top and different styling is really starting attracting the young female buys now even if they never go off road. They are leaving the Mustang convertible or CUV behind.

But even the traditional buyers were put off much with extra doors as we sell more Jeep off road parts than ever right now. I thought the longer wheel base would hurt the off road buyers but they have adapted well.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
FUGLY! - enough said. Oh................IMO.

Gusto!
It's a Jeep shell . . . with some glued on Ram parts, a bed . . . meh. ::chevy::

1 - 20 of 32 Posts