Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody...Yes i know i made a thread a while back about a GTX edition i thought i saw at a dealer, but sorry, as i went to the dealer tonight and saw that it was actually a "GFX edition" and I read the window sticker but there was nothing saying there was a special edition package on it or anything. So this dealer had a few of them, and I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these before?....I have a few bad pics from my phone ill post them in a bit when i figure out how to post (never had before) lol kk bye
*~Andrew~*

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i finally found out how to post images they were taken from my phone so i hope they are good enough :p
[siteimg]17563[/siteimg]
[siteimg]17564[/siteimg]
[siteimg]17565[/siteimg]
[siteimg]17566[/siteimg]
[siteimg]17567[/siteimg][/img]

·
Registered
889 Posts
looks like the dealer throws on some 20$ decals and bed rails, so they can charge you $800.00 more for there "GFX" package. I would think "GFX" stands for "Graphics", referring to the decals on the side.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yeah thats what i thought at first too that it was a dealer gimmik, but actually i searched GTX and some other guy bought one a whil back across canada from me. Im in canada too. lol anyways apparently this package adds, side tubes, bed tubes, decals, window decal, embroidered headrests, and carbon firber inserts in all the dash, and wherever there are inserts in the interior. So i might go ask the dealer more about it, and maybe take it for a test drive. But i still think that i want to order my '07 as listed in my sig.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That is known as a high profit "dealer pack". It is an excuse for the dealer to charge $2000 extra for a few appearance add-ons that should cost $350.
I'll bet the dealer is a "T O" rather than a "straight sell" store.
GFX means Go For Xtra (cash)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
it's a marketing ploy, nothing else. like others have said, add a few decals and charge more $$.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i said before, ill say it AGAIN, I know that it may seem like just a dealer gimmik, but actually, GM sent out limited amounts of these, and embroidered theyre headrests, put carbon fiber inserts on dash, gauges, radio console, dool panels, etc... along with the side decals, tailgate decal, window decal, and that might have beenit. But when i read the window sticker it says nothing about an extra package being added on. So i built one in the exact same thing and saw that it came to the exact same price. So therefore they arent charging anything more for this,,,,and is i guess well an "official" gm product. Anywhoo i guess it comes down to personal prefrence, wether you like it or not. Some go for it, i think it is kind of catchy, in a way, but probably wouldnt buy it myself. kk thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
Id like to get some cardon fiber inserts for my truck. I wounder if I could get that stuff from the dealer. I would guess that it would be pretty expensive though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i want to take a look at those inserts some time. But i still think about it, and probably would prefer the silver accents that come in the 3LT package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work for Edmonton Motors (Chev Cadillac Corvette dealer) so I know all about GFX Editions. Yes you pay more money for GFX which stands for Ground FX. They are not as common on the Colorado but there are lots of Silverado's and Sierra's that have this "package" put on. It is not done by GM it is done by GFX themselves. What you get is carbon fiber bezel's inside, bed rail's, step bar's, a windshield banner that says Ground FX. the face of the cluster is changed to a white gauge that has the GFX logo on it and decal's on the body. Here is a link to GFX's web site http://www.gfxtrucks.com/vehicles.php . It is pretty big here in Canada as GFX is an Ontario based company. Any questions can be directed to GFX themselves.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yeah seen alot of these before. The inside looks neat with the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
GFX "plant", if you will, right here in Windsor :twisted:

They always have a shitload of cars in their lots, mainly all I ever saw there when I used to drive by almost daily were Dodge vehicles...

Oh, and the pics dont work for me in post #2.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ground FX? Say "FX" as if it was a word and you get my drift.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah Ground "effects". It's been around here in Canada for quite a few years now. Mostly full-size trucks. I haven't been able to tell the difference though other than the window banner sticker.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Something doesn't look right about that "carbon fiber". It's says it's a finish... So it's a sticker?Hhhhhmmmm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
socalrado85 said:
Something doesn't look right about that "carbon fiber". It's says it's a finish... So it's a sticker?Hhhhhmmmm.
Yeah...I just checked out the website link from above...No offense to anyone here but that is hideous. I would pay money to have that removed from my truck. "Carbon fiber"? No, they appear to be tacky stickers. Real carbon fiber would look kind of cool, but those stickers are just cheese. My truck is debadged except for the tiny GM emblem on the doors and I like it that way. Clean and shiny!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts