Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Love my truck first truck I bought and I could not be happier with it. Owned since may put about 1600 miles on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Love my canyon. Bought it almost 2 years ago and would buy it again today.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i like my lease canyon. if they fix the shifting issues i might buy out the lease. more than likely its going back for a newer model year
you get more bang for the buck with a gmc than chevy. i priced out a colorado with what i have on the canyon and would have to spend $3k more on the colorado

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Love mine

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'll be the odd-man out (sort of). I wouldn't say I love mine, but I like it well enough to buy it again. Bought it with 8K on the odometer for $24K, put about $7K into it, and without those changes I'd be far less enthusiastic. I've driven it about 4000 miles since late May so I've had plenty of seat time to think about it. I get complimented on the truck everywhere I go, if that kind of thing matters to you (and in all fairness, that hasn't happened since I bought one of the first Durango 4x4s off the assembly line back in 1998-ish).

I would buy it again if a good lightly-used deal came along. I wouldn't buy one new, not with the shortcuts and so-called "glitches" (though questionable automotive electronics seems to be an industry-wide problem, sadly). I do feel pretty confident in the 2017 changes, mechanically-speaking, and I'm amazed at a high-mileage gas mid-size that can still tow 7K. I definitely wouldn't buy a Gen II older than 2017.

So that's my luke-warm take on it.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I ordered mine out on January 5th 2017 and it was built on Valentines day. Took delivery on February 22nd.

I now have about 6,000 miles on the odometer and love the truck. As others mention in some other threads, the only things I wish GM would have done is add HomeLink garage door opener, have 8-way power front seats like we had on our 2010 Colorado LT, and one ot two other similar minor items.

As far as performance, ride, MPG, etc. . . . I would buy it again for sure. Comfortable quiet ride and with the 3.6L V6 this "little" truck can move fast when you want it to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered mine out on January 5th 2017 and it was built on Valentines day. Took delivery on February 22nd.

I now have about 6,000 miles on the odometer and love the truck. As others mention in some other threads, the only things I wish GM would have done is add HomeLink garage door opener, have 8-way power front seats like we had on our 2010 Colorado LT, and one ot two other similar minor items.

As far as performance, ride, MPG, etc. . . . I would buy it again for sure. Comfortable quiet ride and with the 3.6L V6 this "little" truck can move fast when you want it to.
Yeah, I was amazed that it does not have a garage door opener... WTF. Garage doors are not the norm! BUT, I park mine in the driveway most of the time so I don't have a issue with it not there since someone could bust in and get access to the house. I installed a Wifi opener to the garage door and use an app on the phone. Now if Carplay or the Android solution allowed me to push a button on the display in the truck that would have been even better.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Now if Carplay or the Android solution allowed me to push a button on the display in the truck that would have been even better.
That would require the studio-apartment-dwelling bicycle-riding millennials at Apple/Google to remember some people still use these "garage" things their parents used for storing old furniture and cardboard boxes. Much more exciting to roll out a series of new, inscrutable icons to replace simple text labels.

(Damned kids, get off my lawn!)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yep.
Bought 2
<---- Click Garage

Looks like you bought three, sold one.. A 2015 & two 2017s from garage pics. Did you lose count? LOL On the two you have, did you level them out? If so, how?

Had mine exactly four months and it just turned 9,000 miles this morning. We took a three day trip about 1350 miles last month. Very comfortable ride. I (we) LOVE this blurple colored truck.

Gusto

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Looks like you bought three, sold one.. A 2015 & two 2017s from garage pics. Did you lose count? LOL On the two you have, did you level them out? If so, how?

Had mine exactly four months and it just turned 9,000 miles this morning. We took a three day trip about 1350 miles last month. Very comfortable ride. I (we) LOVE this blurple colored truck.

Gusto
They are not currently, but the Brownstown is in progress. Both of these have only 1-1/4" rake, better than the 2" I had on my 15. I will be using Eibach shocks and springs.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Love mine. It's the perfect truck for me. I traded in a Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins turbo diesel. This has a much smoother ride, and less power. But still plenty of power for my needs. It's not the perfect truck, but it's the best truck on the market for me. As said above, if mine got stolen today I'd be looking for another one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
2017 Diesel 4x4 Z71 with RC 4 inch lift kit. Best truck and automobile I have ever owned, bar none. Rock solid quality at 2600 miles (not a lot, I realize). Just about the perfect truck (as long as you don't actually NEED a dually). Amazing capabilities yet quieter, more comfortable, and more fuel efficient, than my wife's 2016 Volvo.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Way satisfied with mine, diesel 2016 CCLB Z71 4X4. Putting a pop up camper in the bed in november when its built. Love it, the engine, the interior, tons of features and everything works well so far. 25k and no issues. Have the 1.25" level kit for now till the bilstiens go on in fall with snow tires and airbags.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought a ZR2, and love it! It rides remarkably well, it accelerates nicely (even with my larger tires), and it's just good. All around, it's a damn fine truck. The only thing missing is a built-in garage door opener, and maybe keyless entry.. but that's getting pretty picky.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm closing in on two months with my 2017 Z71 and really enjoying it. For those of you who checked out my 24 year upgrade, newbie post, you'll see that I upgraded from a 1993 S-10. The ride difference is unbelievable and the difference between the 4.3L in the S-10 with a three speed tranny to the 3.6L with the eight speed tranny will make you a true believer - Powerful, smooth shifting, smooth riding and double the fuel mileage.

I always kept the S-10 as a second vehicle for me when I needed a truck, since getting the Colorado, I have given up my car and am using the truck as my daily driver.

I am a Chevy person with multiple cars over the years and starting with my '03 Monte Carlo SS each Chevy car has had Homelink and I do find myself reaching up and turning on the interior dome light on a regular basis, which is located in the same place my Wife's '13 Malibu has the Homelink button. Whoever comes out with a reasonably priced, easy to install Homelink for the Twins is going sell a truckload of based on the comments in this forum and the other Twin owners I've talked with.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.