Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
I think some people have received a call to bring there truck in so they could get the heated seats working
A friend's daughter bought a new Blazer several months (December?) ago and is still waiting for her heated seat and steering wheel. To make matters worse, she was rear-ended about 3 weeks ago and is still waiting for the parts to fix that. Fortunately, she is still able to drive the car.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
15 Posts
So what does this mean for those of us with or trucks built waiting on chips? Will they have computer boards missing the chips to control the heating features just to finish trucks? So basically remove the buttons from dash/steering wheels? Or will ones built wait for the right “chips” since they have the heating elements?
I was by told by dealer to delete heated seats and spray on bed liner or my truck would not be built… at least not in the near future.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was by told by dealer to delete heated seats and spray on bed liner or my truck would not be built… at least not in the near future.
First I’ve heard of spray in bed liner a problem.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
First I’ve heard of spray in bed liner a problem.
I have seen others post about the bed liner, when they post about what is the best spray in liner or what others use, bed rug or the drop in...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have seen others post about the bed liner, when they post about what is the best spray in liner or what others use, bed rug or the drop in...
Yea seen that to I may have misunderstood post. I thought he meant unless deleted factory spray in bed liner truck may not be built in near future. Had never seen a possible hold on factory spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The heated seats on my truck are part of RPO: 4LE Elevation Option Package 4WD so that's that. As far as a spray in bed liner my dealer is doing that and the window tint.

I did call GMC customer service, gave them my VIN and was assured the retro was a simple fix. Popping in a chip somewhere, probably an hour to perform. So I'll roll the dice and go with this truck. Not a special order or build , I just reserved it as the dealer had ordered it for their inventory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea seen that to I may have misunderstood post. I thought he meant unless deleted factory spray in bed liner truck may not be built in near future. Had never seen a possible hold on factory spray in bed liner.
That's what the dealer told me... I'm OK, to have a third party spray the bed, it'll be the same price, but would have liked the heated seats as my butt is old... The truck was built on 5/6 and the order was placed at the dealer 3/31, so from the nightmares I've seen, that's pretty good. Now awaiting shipping. I'm 150 miles from Wentzville, wish they allowed factory pick-up...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That's what the dealer told me... I'm OK, to have a third party spray the bed, it'll be the same price, but would have liked the heated seats as my butt is old... The truck was built on 5/6 and the order was placed at the dealer 3/31, so from the nightmares I've seen, that's pretty good. Now awaiting shipping. I'm 150 miles from Wentzville, wish they allowed factory pick-up...
No offense but since first I've heard this one I think dealer was full of s**t on not getting the spray in bed liner from the factory. Suggest you go to a well known company that does spray in bed liners to get it done. Also suggestion tell them to take the plugs out before spraying and not spray over them and if you can get them not to do it tell them your not advertising for them to not glue that hideous company name plaque on the inside side of liner like Rhino/Linex does. They'll say its so you have the lifetime warranty. In the past I've said I'd keep it in the glove box and say it fell off, and they let me.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
15 Posts
No offense but since first I've heard this one I think dealer was full of s**t on not getting the spray in bed liner from the factory. Suggest you go to a well known company that does spray in bed liners to get it done. Also suggestion tell them to take the plugs out before spraying and not spray over them and if you can get them not to do it tell them your not advertising for them to not glue that hideous company name plaque on the inside side of liner like Rhino/Linex does. They'll say its so you have the lifetime warranty. In the past I've said I'd keep it in the glove box and say it fell off, and they let me.
No offense taken... you may have a point... there is a company with a good reputation for the spray in locally. I'll take you advice on the plugs... since this is the first sprayed-in liner I've ever had, I'm not familiar with the hideouts company name plaque, but will fight like hell to keep it off!! I'm looking at paying sticker price, which I think is good in today's market... I've never paid sticker before, but it's stupid out there. Looking to get about what I paid for my Jeep Patriot 5 years ago and have added 50,000 miles. They were selling a 2018 Colorado for $2000 less than what my new one is costing and it had 58,000 miles on it!! How does any of this make any sense? Thanks for you're input Johnnyone!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
No offense but since first I've heard this one I think dealer was full of s**t on not getting the spray in bed liner from the factory.….
FWIW, there were a few posts on this in the last 5 months or so. I talked to several dealers and a friend that works for GM, and they confirmed it to me. There was someone here on the forum that got a build date within a week of deleting the liner. What I don’t know is if the contraint meant not getting built at all, or a much longer shipping time. Its already a third party liner essentially, they drive the trucks across the street to another shop, so I didn’t feel like I am loosing something to have deleted the liner, especially since I never see it (retrax bed cover). It ended up being the only option I didn’t get.

And I couldn’t agree more on the plugs and no linex logo!

·
Registered
68 Posts
And at no point did my dealer attempt to sell me a bedliner either. Ill be having a locally owned shop do the install.

·
Registered
350 Posts
FWIW, there were a few posts on this in the last 5 months or so. I talked to several dealers and a friend that works for GM, and they confirmed it to me. There was someone here on the forum that got a build date within a week of deleting the liner. What I don’t know is if the contraint meant not getting built at all, or a much longer shipping time. Its already a third party liner essentially, they drive the trucks across the street to another shop, so I didn’t feel like I am loosing something to have deleted the liner, especially since I never see it (retrax bed cover). It ended up being the only option I didn’t get.

And I couldn’t agree more on the plugs and no linex logo!
Agreed. The bed liner issue has been discussed a lot.
Do not delete heated seats! You'll get the chip!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agreed. The bed liner issue has been discussed a lot.
Do not delete heated seats! You'll get the chip!
Well…. Too late on the heated seats as I cancelled them based on the dealer telling me it was holding up the build. Truck was built on 5/6/22. Sitting in limbo for delivery. Sigh!

·
Registered
15 Posts
🤦‍♂️
Yeah, I asked the salesman if the chip could be added later and he said no. UGH! so, my fat butt will be cold this winter. If the truck ever gets shipped. I picture it sitting in some railroad lot with a bunch of juveniles painting all kinds of offensive crap on it...

·
Registered
455 Posts
The window sticker on my Canyon (still in transit) says: Credit -50.00 Not equipped w/ front heated seats: Includes later retrofit. Which is just removing the front trim where the heated seats button is and popping in a module. Probably a 10 minute job. No mention of the heated steering wheel needing retrofitted so maybe that's already there.

As far as dealer installed spray in liners, I don't know for sure, but I'd like to think they adhere to some kind of GM specification when doing a new truck. Like removing plugs and not putting third party logos on it. I'd not like seeing new trucks on the lot with the advertising of some company that did a spray in liner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The window sticker on my Canyon (still in transit) says: Credit -50.00 Not equipped w/ front heated seats: Includes later retrofit. Which is just removing the front trim where the heated seats button is and popping in a module. Probably a 10 minute job. No mention of the heated steering wheel needing retrofitted so maybe that's already there.

As far as dealer installed spray in liners, I don't know for sure, but I'd like to think they adhere to some kind of GM specification when doing a new truck. Like removing plugs and not putting third party logos on it. I'd not like seeing new trucks on the lot with the advertising of some company that did a spray in liner.
I believe my order sheet also had the Credit -50.00, so maybe my butt won't be cold afterall. We'll see.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I believe my order sheet also had the Credit -50.00, so maybe my butt won't be cold afterall. We'll see.
That is true. If you were not due the fix you would be seeing something like a $400 credit. The heating elements would have not been installed in the seats and the heated seats buttons would be blanks. However, everything is already in place for the retro fix. Remove switch trim panel, install a module behind each switch and you're good.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

As far as I know dealer sprayed in bed liners the dealer just sends it out to there local spray guy. So you could get plugs sprayed over and possibly that advertisement plaque stuck on inside if liner.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well I also like my heated steering wheel and read it can't be retrofitted. So I'll just hang onto my 2019 Colorado that I've only put 7,800 miles on it.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts