Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colorado
http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Co...Chevrolet-Colorado-20162017-Front-Camera-Kit/
Canyon
http://www.gen5diy.com/GMC/Canyon/DIY-Kits/GMC-Canyon-20162018-Front-Camera-Kit/

This kit allows you to add a front camera to your 2016-2017 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, that currently has the IO5 OR IO6 radio platform. Kit consists of a pre-progrramed radio module, front camera and wiring harnesses.

In addition to adding the camera we also unlock the motion detection from the radio. This will allow for the following Ability to view movies while driving.Ability to view more video types such as MP4, AVI, MOV & WMV. Please keep video size to under 1 GB and always use 480P as GM does not recognize HD playback on these units
Ability to enter an address while driving-Nav units only
Ability to pair a phone while driving
Please be careful as these features are a distraction and must be used with caution

·
Registered
444 Posts
Really? $750!!! Does it come with a few hundred dollar bills inside the box?

The GM accessory option is $250 less:

http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-...dio-lighting/358130-2018-colorado-camera.html

Why go with your more expensive option over the GM approved one which also has a 3-year warranty through the third party?

Also, with your option, I would have to either ship my HMI in to you, or pay an ADDITIONAL $675 to get a spare HMI (so I could go back to the Original when the modified one fries.) With the GM option, the install is done through the dealer, so you aren't without the HMI.

I'll stick with my DIY set up that was under $50 all said and done.

I really don't understand why your stuff is so expensive. I wanted to buy a few of the things you offer, but geez man, either your margins are amazing, or you are bad at buying components.
$160 for a few relays, a couple connectors, some wire and loom?

I appreciate that you are trying to offer plug and play solutions, and the quality of your products seems high as well, but you've priced it out of a lot of people's trucks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Third here. Crazy cost margin.

·
Registered
237 Posts
*In addition to adding the camera we also unlock the motion detection from the radio. This will allow for the following Ability to view movies while driving.Ability to view more video types such as MP4, AVI, MOV & WMV. Please keep video size to under 1 GB and always use 480P as GM does not recognize HD playback on these units
Ability to enter an address while driving-Nav units only
Ability to pair a phone while driving
Please be careful as these features are a distraction and must be used with caution

I dont know about you guys..... but just that **** is worth it to me lol. GM aint giving you any of that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.