Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this out last night, have not looked look in the Manual yet, but when you have the windows down your remote will not work, even when you get in and roll them up it still will not work.

You have to start the truck and roll the windows up turn off the truck and exit the truck close the door, then it will work, :?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've even repeated the steps and my remote will not work if the windows are down, :?

I turn the eng to the on position roll up the window open the door, close the door and everything works fine.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Good point HowNowBrownCow, might be a crew cab thing. I don't think that anyone who has responded has a crew cab....

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe a 2007 feature?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:? :? now i'm really baffeled, went out and it works with windows down, strange thing is this has happened on two different occasions, I didn't try it with the sun roof open though,

Here is what happened on both occasions:
drove to store with windows down, (can't remember if SR was open) got out of truck closed door, remote wouldn't work :x got back in tried remote no worky, :x got home turnd it off tried remote :x got out and still no worky, opened the door turned eng on rolled up the window turned off closed the door :D everything works fine

repeated this step: turn eng on rolled down windows, turned off got out closed door, remote wouldn't work.

Now if a door is somehow open, or bad switch, would this make your remote not lock/unlock doors.

Oh well, sorry guy's to take up posting space

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
No, the doors should still lock, but it will give a warning beep to let you know a door is open. Maybe batteries in the fob? Try new ones...you never know. Don't worry, you didnt take up space. Once you find a resolution, this thread will maybe help someone else out down the road.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
J-man67 said:
No, the doors should still lock, but it will give a warning beep to let you know a door is open. Maybe batteries in the fob? Try new ones...you never know. Don't worry, you didnt take up space. Once you find a resolution, this thread will maybe help someone else out down the road.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I went to the same store today and windows where up and the remote didn't work, I had to get almost next to the truck and finally it worked, I tested it at work several times and I have about 200ft range. must some interference at this store.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
stocklook said:
So I went to the same store today and windows where up and the remote didn't work, I had to get almost next to the truck and finally it worked, I tested it at work several times and I have about 200ft range. must some interference at this store.
At this point I would have the battery checked on the truck. wwrgsww posted something about it and that made me remember when my battery went dead on my truck the remote would transmit but the truck would not receive it. That may just solve the problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts