Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what fuse I can tap into for ignition on ? I'm working on a project to use a Fenix 4200 mini for some LED emergency light

thanks Jim K7OEK

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Inside or outside the cab ? What year, model, and engine do you have ?

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
107 Posts
Oh it is a controller for your different lighting, how many different lights are we talking about ? I only run a Fenix dash light and two Fenix front grill lights using the cigarette 12 V socket power and a single toggle switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probak, Im running a few lights . 4 tir 3 whelen bar on my front push bumper . Also running a whelen air horn. Off front push bumper. Fenix 100 watt speaker . 4 inch square LED fog lights . In the Rear two red TIR 3 red in the bumper steps. hide away LED in the rear tail lights. One power werks 2 meter 440 radio (ham radio) Using a ICS dash mount for phone holders, ham radio and forward dash cam. This is all still in design . when all the parts and pieces arrive I'll be doing some video and pictures of the build .

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Do you want this fuse to pull power for all of that ? Or just for ignition sensing ?

For ignition sensing, not drawing power:
I used an Add A Fuse in F17 for 12v ignition sense. There's a little drainage hole in each corner that worked well for snaking a wire up without having to drill into the fuse box or break a seal.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Machine Gas

You can read more about my power distribution setup here:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts