Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming to work this morning. Around 4 inches of snow on the ground by then and snowing and slippery.

As I pass a local Toyota dealer they are backing a Tacoma 4X out of the snowbank in the parking lot. Wheels both front and back spinning. Cool to watch (mind you there's 4 inches of snow and whatever piled up in the lot not a blizzard) Then I looked and saw the 4 guys PUSHING the truck backwards, wheels spinning! Justa bout hit a tree as I was laughing my B Bag off. Anyway, thought you'd appreciate. And since i had time to look as i was in traffic, I'd like to say, that Toyota Tundra is the ugliest vehicle ever made. With the Ridgeline a close second in my opinion.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Got a kick out of that story. Back in the day Toyota had a good rep for 4wd's. They're slowly losing that.Btw, imo the Ridgeline is the ugliest next to the toyota. Nothing is uglier than that front grill.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i LOVE Toyotas, just not the new ones. i miss my old tacoma 3.4l, that thing rocked.

Toyota now is no better than GM or ford IMO, my buddy is a Toyota tech and he wont buy a new one, he love his 96 tacoma 4x4 that has 215,000 miles on it and still runs like new.

i agree the new tundra is fugly, but so is all the new full size trucks IMO. i dont like where many new cars are going design wise.

·
Registered
66 Posts
HowNowBrownCow said:
i agree the new tundra is fugly, but so is all the new full size trucks IMO. i dont like where many new cars are going design wise.
Don't ever say that! I love Silverado/Sierra too! That Ridgeline is the ugliest 'truck' I've ever seen, and I'll second Frontier/Titan to that. I like Tocomas made between 1996 and 2002. After that, it's been uglier every year.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Tundra is a Butter Face.

Her body looks good enough from the side and back, but her face...

The only truck you need a paperbag for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's funny, when I was shopping for a mid-size pickup this past month, all my friends said Toyotas are great based on their experiences with the mid 90's models (to be fair, the S-10 owners from that vintage also love their trucks and they have served them well amd recommend them passionately). When I read the real world experiences and issues that recent Tacoma purchasers were reporting on Edmunds and KBB (suspension issues, bent tailgates, driveline shimmy and binding, etc.), it made me think maybe they don't make them like they used to. When I hit the Toyota dealers, I found very little choice in Tacoma's - they seemed to want to only sell the highest end, TRD Tacomas or better yet steer you to a Tundras. No 4x2 of any option type on the lot, just some loaded Tacoma 4x4's listing for $32 to $35K. To be fair, I found the same issue at most Nissan dealers - the only crew bodies were loaded to the gills. It was very easy to get to love the Colorado after driving it and comparing equipment levels and options for the out the door price. Now I just have to wait four weeks for my truck to be built and shipped.

·
Registered
852 Posts
bigbee, I have found the same thing. I think Toyota and Nissan are doing a good thing though. For me, the only reason I got a small pickup was for the gas milage. My dad's '05 Silverado gets similar milage to my Colorado. I wish Chevy would've been more like Toyota and Nissan in that case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts