Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was reading about the Fumoto valves on here a couple of months ago. I ordered a F107n after reading that was what I needed. I just went to put it on today and it would not fit. Has anyone installed one of these on a 2017 V6?

I read the instructions on their website and it mentioned that some vehicles may need an extender. Has anyone used an extender?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
can you describe how it would not fit? did it not screw in all the way because the thread pitch was wrong, bolt size too small or too big? did it leak after you tightened it? i have one (same model) but haven't installed yet. I've put this on other vehicles that I've had before and not had any problems with them.

it would seem highly unlikely, but because '17s have the newer engine, it's possible there may have been an oil pan change of some sort...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one on my 2017 Colorado. You have to use adapter extender . The valve by itself won't screw in all the way because of the shape of the pan at drain hole. Valve works great very neat and clean.

·
Registered
237 Posts
thanks for the info! whew! i would have hated to change my oil and find this out in the middle of it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Good info to know. I am planning on trying their SX (F107SX) valve for my GMC once I am done with my free factory oil changes.
That's the one that will fit. the oil pan design won't allow the straight one to screw in and the one you are getting is the proper one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you describe how it would not fit? did it not screw in all the way because the thread pitch was wrong, bolt size too small or too big? did it leak after you tightened it? i have one (same model) but haven't installed yet. I've put this on other vehicles that I've had before and not had any problems with them.

it would seem highly unlikely, but because '17s have the newer engine, it's possible there may have been an oil pan change of some sort...

What they said

I have one on my 2017 Colorado. You have to use adapter extender . The valve by itself won't screw in all the way because of the shape of the pan at drain hole. Valve works great very neat and clean.

That's the one that will fit. the oil pan design won't allow the straight one to screw in and the one you are getting is the proper one.

Need and adapter for 107n, looks like the 107sx will work out of the package...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.