121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
x1 - kenwood deck ipod ready with usb $199
x1 - audiotek 1400 watt amp $199
x2 - 10' Kicker CVT subs $350
x4 - 6.5" kenwood 3 way speakers with tweeters $299
-labor $99
-custom box to fit under crew cabs rear seats $99

Total comes to around $1245. Got this deal from a local car audio shop off of a big auto mall in my area. Heard alot of good things about the place and friends that i've talked to said that they do good work. Just wondering if the set up looks legit and how the pricing looks to you experts. thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
545 Posts
didn't know kicker made a 10' sub :p

if it were me, id ditch the rear speakers and buy even better fronts. keep the stock ones in place and powered by the head unit if you are with passengers.

id like to see a spec sheet on the amp...
are you gonna be running the sub, fronts and rears on that amp? or just sub, or what? if its just a sub amp, you may want to look into a amp for the fronts.

other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im guessing just the sub is going to run off the amp. And he gave me other options for speakers but thats just what i chose. I'm really not too familiar with car audio though so i just go with others opinions. I'm looking for a very clear sound with some bump. nothing too crazy. And i was told that changing your stock speakers would definately give you a better sound. I wasnt even planning on changing my speakers in the first place but after hearing that i changed my mind

·
Banned
433 Posts
o yes, aftermarket speakers make a huge difference.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help. Gettin it installed this wednesday. I'll give u all an update on how it works out. = D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah, those prices aren't bad at all. Wish I could say that I only spent that much. I'm still in the process of building my audio system and I'm well over $2000 and not even past the HU yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts