Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this will fall into one of the categories of you get what you pay for or too good to be true but wanted to bring it up anyway.

There is a "Fuel Saver part# cc-761" module on ebay for just under $9. Claims to increase mpg and horsepower. I am not really concerned with power but would take better fuel mileage if I could.

Is this worth it? Has anyone used it and does it work at all?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
341 Posts
Snake oil really. If it was that easy, I think the factory would do it by default.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
kiprusoff said:
I say try it,
its only ten bucks
In that case - send me $10 and I'll think good thoughts at your truck. It's more likely to work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My sister's uncle's brother bought one of these, and his engine actually started producing gasoline! I think he said it put out about 3 gallons a mile. He took it off though because the tank would fill up after 6 miles and spew gas everywhere.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i've come to the conclusion nothing will help gas mileage. unless maybe i gutted the truck and put some bicycle tires on it. :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Deasel said:
i've come to the conclusion nothing will help gas mileage. unless maybe i gutted the truck and put some bicycle tires on it. :)
Or you convert it into a Flintstone Mobil.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I looked and found a $9 fuel saver module for a jeep and I am assuming that is what you are referring to in your post.

These type modules "fool" the electronics that the intake air is cooler than it really is and so lean out the fuel mixture. That may increase gas mileage but running lean is not good for your vehicle. I would think that one of the re-programmed chips would be a better idea even if they cost $90 bucks more.

Lots of posts on these are available in the performance section of the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts