Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost have everything together for my custom intake. But i need to know the size of the fuel pressure regulator hose which is connected to the front of the resonator. I eye balled it and it looks like its 3/16 so I will probably just use some 3/16 break line. But if any of you mechanics out there know please lemme know for sure. I know the diameter on this hose is pretty important so i dont run too lean or rich.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Im not sure what size that is but Im considering making my own intake also with some aluminum tubing. Ill have someone mandrel bend them. Let me know yours turns out.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
That hose doesn't seem very important, its not a vacuum line, just a vent line. I think Im using 3/16" on mine too.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I took my truck to a mechanic at Midas and he said it is very important. He said that the hose had to be the same diameter for the fuel mixture to be correct. He did say though that the length of the hose didn't matter which makes sense because the FIPK hose is longer. I didn't think it could throw off the air fuel mixture at all either but I'm not gonna argue with a mechanic who was nice enough to help out.

I'll post pics once I get it done. The tubing consists of an aluminum straight pipe connected to an "L" shaped aluminum tube that use to be part of a "S" shaped tube on an intake for a different vehicle.

I still need to buy a small enough cut-off wheel for making the hole for the MAF and I need to fab up some kind of gasket for it as well.

Adamj, are you using the same tube in the FIPK kit? I'm pretty sure its 3/16 if you are.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
blackCsport04, your mechanic at Midas is wrong. Do some research. If that line was a VACUUM line, then it COULD affect the mixture. Its NOT VACUUM.

ITS NOT VACUUM!

It is a VENT LINE. It has no effect on fuel mixture.

And no, Im not using the hose that came in the kit, Im using some custom silicone hose.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Can someone meaure the K&N tube to see what degree bend it has and the distance of the straight tube after the bend?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did some checking up after what you said Adamj and it seems your right. Does that mean i could just put a breather over the Fuel pressure regulator? instead of connecting it to the intake tube?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I assume its a breather to catch any fumes and suck them back into the intake for a complete burn. I suppose you could put a breather over it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhhh....I'm lost.......The fuel pressure regulator is connected to the air intake tube on the FIPK and its connected to the resonator on the stock setup. My question is, instead of having a hose there to vent into the intake tube or resonator, i was just going to put a breather over the fuel pressure regulator. A breather is a little thingy that looks like a mini air filter, because it is one. So, after explaining everything, do you think i can do that? Put a breather over the fuel presure regulator?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why would a fuel pressure regulator need to vent? i thought the only thing it vented was extra gas and that went back to the tank. I'm just startingot rethink this through now, i want to be sure cuz i like my truck a lot and dont wanna break it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out this informative video an how fuel regulators work, so you can understand how a regulator alters the fuel pressure for the injectors...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts