Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there use or have used the Wix WF10226 Fuel filters on their trucks? I want to pick up a few extra filters and I was looking at the Wix which is BTW 1/3 the price of the ACDelco TP1007(GM-52100212). The only differences I can see from the pictures of both filters is the Wix uses a black gasket and the Delco uses a blue one. I'm a big believer in you only get what you pay for but knowing how expensive ACDelco/GM stuff is, I wonder if it's a Wix with the ACDelco name on it, has blue gaskets and is 3 times the price or more. Thanks

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
There were some earlier postings where someone had used those filters. I certainly would If I could find them here in the land of unavailability (Canada). I wouldn't mind paying $40.00 each for pretty blue gaskets if you could see them while on the truck. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Ummm im not 100% on this but I think the WIX are sold individually, so while they seem like a good deal at ~$20 you need to buy 2 so in reality it's ~$40. Given the Delco "kit" includes 2 and is only ~$47 on Prime and comes to you, I dont think youre going to see the saving you think you are.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm im not 100% on this but I think the WIX are sold individually, so while they seem like a good deal at ~$20 you need to buy 2 so in reality it's ~$40. Given the Delco "kit" includes 2 and is only ~$47 on Prime and comes to you, I dont think youre going to see the saving you think you are.

I looked again and you're correct, the Wix are sold individually, however Rock Auto sells them for $12.66 Ea which is $25.32 Pr. The ACDelco sells on Rock Auto for $36.79 Pr, so that's a saving of $11.47 per pair if you buy the Wix. Rock Auto charges $7.00 shipping for the ACDelco Filters and $6.00 for the 2 Wix filters (Go Figure). So in total the ACDelco filters will cost you $43.79 to your door and the Wix will cost you $31.32. Total savings $12.47 if you buy two of the Wix. If both filters are the same why pay more for the ACDelco name....

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were some earlier postings where someone had used those filters. I certainly would If I could find them here in the land of unavailability (Canada). I wouldn't mind paying $40.00 each for pretty blue gaskets if you could see them while on the truck. :wink:

I checked at my local dealer and they sell the ACDelco Kit(2 Filters) for about $80.00. Not only are we the land of unavailability, we're also the land of Rip Off pricing when it comes to anything automotive. I get about 90% of all my automotive stuff out of the U.S. and even with the difference in currency I still save a ton of money. I do have a WIX dealer just down the road from me but I'd be scared to ask how much they would want for a pair of those filters.....:surprise:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.