Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

I removed the air dam on my Colorado a few weeks ago, I love the way it looks but I'm not a fan of the plastic front skid plate, I don't like how there is exposed wiring. I started looking at Colorado specific front skid plates and I really don't want to spend 200 dollars on one since the truck will likely never see offroad. I did however find that silverado front skid plates are a lot cheaper. Would a silverado front skid plate fit on the Colorado? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Paint it black like I did my bright aluminum skid plate, nobody knows it is there...,

primer, several coats of black flat paint, then several coats of clear urathane over it...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would suggest to look around for a used zr2 skidplate.

I picked one up off of facebook marketplace for $50. Bolted right up after buying a slightly larger bolt for the 2 front holes. No other cutting or drilling required.

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest to look around for a used zr2 skidplate.

I picked one up off of facebook marketplace for $50. Bolted right up after buying a slightly larger bolt for the 2 front holes. No other cutting or drilling required.
Sweet that helps out! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paint it black like I did my bright aluminum skid plate, nobody knows it is there...,

primer, several coats of black flat paint, then several coats of clear urathane over it...
I see that you have a zr2. Would you happen to have a front skid plate?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I see that you have a zr2. Would you happen to have a front skid plate?
Yes, if you read my post, I painted it black.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The ZR2 skid plate for non-zr2s requires drilling. Unless you like stuff flapping around.

Not really a big deal since its aluminum just drill away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts