Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help ! Does anyone know where I can purchase the lower spring mounts for the front shocks? I am trying to put together a complete coil over shock assembly so I can swap out shocks without any delays.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is removable , but I would like to have them ready to go when I change them out. But doesn't look like they are available. So I may have to deal with it as I go.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
it is removable , but I would like to have them ready to go when I change them out. But doesn't look like they are available. So I may have to deal with it as I go.

Get in touch with your dealers parts dept. I'm sure they would know if the bottom spring seat of the shock is a separate part from the shock. I got a set of Bilstein RHA shocks and it says in the install instructions to use the upper and lower spring seats from the OEM shocks, so that would suggest to me it is a separate part you can probably obtain from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Help ! Does anyone know where I can purchase the lower spring mounts for the front shocks? I am trying to put together a complete coil over shock assembly so I can swap out shocks without any delays.

What kind of coil springs do you plan on using???

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
so you just want new shocks? I don't get it. You buy shocks then install them. Like that. Or do you need an extra set, spring and all? I bet you could get the whole assembly if you want, more money but no spring compressor needed. I guess I don't know why you want a new perch????

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
so you just want new shocks? I don't get it. You buy shocks then install them. Like that. Or do you need an extra set, spring and all? I bet you could get the whole assembly if you want, more money but no spring compressor needed. I guess I don't know why you want a new perch????
Me either, the only thing it would save is the spring compressor, which where I live is loaned by Oreillys/Autozone for free.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Because Eibach has a new coil springs to go with their RHA shocks, that require using the factory top and bottom mount hardware. The springs give a 2" lift with the lowest mount setting. They state the use of their strut/shock only with their spring.

Been kinda poking around that same path also. The top mount parts are also needed, which are around $120 add, so not in a hurry...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Because Eibach has a new coil springs to go with their RHA shocks, that require using the factory top and bottom mount hardware. The springs give a 2" lift with the lowest mount setting. They state the use of their strut/shock only with their spring.

Been kinda poking around that same path also. The top mount parts are also needed, which are around $120 add, so not in a hurry...

So those coil springs sold by Eibach are 2" longer than the OEM coils? Do they have a higher spring rate than OEM? If the Eibach coils are 2" longer than stock by themselves I guess you can get more than 2" of lift if you use their RHA shocks?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts

Well, if they require the original mount hardware it's right there on the truck now.....As for them wanting you to use their springs, I'm sure its because the their shocks are longer/taller. Right??

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
So those coil springs sold by Eibach are 2" longer than the OEM coils? Do they have a higher spring rate than OEM? If the Eibach coils are 2" longer than stock by themselves I guess you can get more than 2" of lift if you use their RHA shocks?
Yes, but spring rate is not listed. They also advise not going past the 2nd (.7) setting.

Well, if they require the original mount hardware it's right there on the truck now.....As for them wanting you to use their springs, I'm sure its because the their shocks
It's a system, so I'm sure they wouldn't recommend otherwise.
Wanting to pre assemble the springs and shocks beforehand, that's a personal choice, much like getting a PC.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Honestly once you dissasemble the front end and get the stock struts out, pulling them apart and assembling the new struts only takes about 20-30 minutes if you have the spring compressor (free loaner from auto parts store). So it really will not save you much time, and will only cost you money on the upper and lower spring perches which will be useless/worthless after.

Not to mention that you will still need the spring compressor to assemble the new struts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.