Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, anyone getting crazy rattling from their trucks on rougher roads?
I have been on dirt roads the past few weekends and the truck is getting embarrassingly load. Sounds like the front end is coming unbolted and falling off! As well as the read end squeak that gets louder when brakes are applied.
I have 22k on a 16 z71
I have no idea of how to address this with the stealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey all, anyone getting crazy rattling from their trucks on rougher roads?
I have been on dirt roads the past few weekends and the truck is getting embarrassingly load. Sounds like the front end is coming unbolted and falling off! As well as the read end squeak that gets louder when brakes are applied.
I have 22k on a 16 z71
I have no idea of how to address this with the stealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I solved half of my rattle issue. My hood latch was loose making the hood rattle. I could stand on my side rails and jump and it made all kinds of noise. Check that out first. I also have a suespension clunk too but it could be leveling kit related...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
As for the squeek when the brakes are applied, ask the dealer to grease the brakes (back of pads, guide pins etc.). I've taken mine in 3 times for this noise and they have never fixed it. They clean and grease the leaf springs but never the brakes. I later asked why the didn't try that and they said they never do that unless they are installing new pads. My next appointment they are going to do it because I specifically requested it. My point? Don't assume they will check everything. Make recommendations and verify what they did and didn't do. It might save you time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.