Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this isn't my video but i found it online and and it mimics my issue. Has anyone experienced this issue and/or know what it is? The dealer has had my truck for nearly 2 weeks and can't figure it out. I have a 2018 Canyon.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Actually what I am seeing is someone holding a camera not very steady while driving. Not sure what I am supposed to see, or was to listen?

Do you have a 4wd or 2wd Canyon/

okay, I turned the volume up all the way, head a little bit of ticking for 10 seconds,

Check to see if the grill is held in securely?

I found a piece on lower portion of grill, not the grill itself, behind the bumper loose on one end, I popped it in place an all was good..

I figured it came loose with me driving at high speed down washboard roads

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the ticking/clanking/rattling in the video is most prevalent in the first 15 seconds. No need to watch after that. The sounds seems to come from the driver-side fender area forward of the firewall. I'll check the grill when I get ti back from the dealer. I have a 2wd Canyon with 6500 miles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This sounds similar to the creaking I was describing last week. It ended up being the battery tie down bar that crosses the top of the battery. Dealer said it was loose. Also, I checked after they made the repair, and they wrapped the end of it where it meets the inner fender. Check that out to see if theres play in the tie down and if its rubbing the inner fender

Here's what I had...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, this isn't my video but i found it online and and it mimics my issue. Has anyone experienced this issue and/or know what it is? The dealer has had my truck for nearly 2 weeks and can't figure it out. I have a 2018 Canyon.

Did you ever figure out what this rattle was? Having the same issue on my 2021 Canyon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sounds seems to come from the driver-side fender area forward of the firewall.
Yes, exactly. My truck has 600 miles on it and it’s driving me nuts. I looked at everything I could without taking things significantly apart. Have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts