Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem I'm having lately: I'm hearing and feeling a noise and vibration from the front left wheel area of my truck. It seems to only happen during a right turn when the weight is shifted to the left side of the vehicle. If there are any bumps, you can feel it in the steering weel, also.

I have done the .75" Front diff drop and have the bars cranked about 1.5" with a re-allignment done. I put the truck on the lift at work yesterday and all the front suspension components are tight including my diff. bolts which are .75" longer than stock. The steering seems to have no play and everything seems good. I'm within my warranty, but I'm worried that the dealer will just blame my modifications. If anyone has any idea what this might be, I would appriciate yout input, as I would prefer to take care of it myself if possible.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
red12 said:
Ball Joints maybe I dunno?
I thought that too, but they seem fine. Hopefully it's just a bushing due to cold weather. Thanks, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
I am going to bet you are going to have front driveline issues dropping 3/4" and not extending the driveline. See the sticky at the top of the suspension forum about skyjacker and their spacer issue. I am guessing you are going to need a spacer for that much of a drop.

Also check your axle seals, mine where leaking and I was getting weird front end noises like worn ball joints, but as soon as the axle seal was replaced everything was good again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brinsmaid said:
It doesn't sound exactly like the issue discussed in the thread below, but I have posted it for you anyway just in case. Good Luck!

http://www.coloradofans.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
What did he mean by "backing plate"? It now seems to do it all the time rather than just in turns as previously stated. Thanks for posting the link though.

coyote said:
I am going to bet you are going to have front driveline issues dropping 3/4" and not extending the drivelineSee the sticky at the top of the suspension forum about skyjacker and their spacer issue. I am guessing you are going to need a spacer for that much of a drop.

Also check your axle seals, mine where leaking and I was getting weird front end noises like worn ball joints, but as soon as the axle seal was replaced everything was good again.
But it does it in 2wd, also. I would think if it was related to the driveline, it would only do it in 4wd. The axle seals aren't leaking either.

o6radoblk said:
the way you are describing it, its the left front wheel bearing.
I sure hope not, but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for all the ideas, guys. I'm just gonna wait till the roads clear up here and the truck dries off and I'll get back under there and track it down. I appriciate all the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
ds06rado said:
coyote said:
I am going to bet you are going to have front driveline issues dropping 3/4" and not extending the drivelineSee the sticky at the top of the suspension forum about skyjacker and their spacer issue. I am guessing you are going to need a spacer for that much of a drop.

Also check your axle seals, mine where leaking and I was getting weird front end noises like worn ball joints, but as soon as the axle seal was replaced everything was good again.
But it does it in 2wd, also. I would think if it was related to the driveline, it would only do it in 4wd. The axle seals aren't leaking either.
I wasn't talking directly to your issue but to something that might happen since you dropped your front diff so far. I know the skyjacker kit comes with a driveline spacer and I am guessing their drop is somewhere in the 3/4" to 1" range see these two threads.

http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53986
http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=755201
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
ds06rado said:
brinsmaid said:
It doesn't sound exactly like the issue discussed in the thread below, but I have posted it for you anyway just in case. Good Luck!

http://www.coloradofans.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
What did he mean by "backing plate"? It now seems to do it all the time rather than just in turns as previously stated. Thanks for posting the link though.

coyote said:
I am going to bet you are going to have front driveline issues dropping 3/4" and not extending the drivelineSee the sticky at the top of the suspension forum about skyjacker and their spacer issue. I am guessing you are going to need a spacer for that much of a drop.

Also check your axle seals, mine where leaking and I was getting weird front end noises like worn ball joints, but as soon as the axle seal was replaced everything was good again.
But it does it in 2wd, also. I would think if it was related to the driveline, it would only do it in 4wd. The axle seals aren't leaking either.

o6radoblk said:
the way you are describing it, its the left front wheel bearing.
I sure hope not, but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for all the ideas, guys. I'm just gonna wait till the roads clear up here and the truck dries off and I'll get back under there and track it down. I appriciate all the help.
I am not sure what a backing plate is either, but its a start. Anyone know?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top