Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have finally decided to place Polk MMC650 components in the front. Anyone disagree?

Second, I have hit a dead end on choosing a set for the rear speakers. I am feeling if I place a set if upgraded speakers like the stock pair I will have too many highs in such a small area. I also don't want to waste my money on a second set of components and mount only the sub and not the tweeters.

Suggestions?

I will be running an Orion Extreme 400.4

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
How about running fronts only and ditch the rears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am doing the reverse. Got the bass behind me, stock speakers in the rear doors sound like sad woofers, stock front highs are ok so what I am going to do is put some pioneer 6.5" four ways back in the ext. cab doors.... to make the highs behind me match the ones up front..

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Mattias44 said:
I am doing the reverse. Got the bass behind me, stock speakers in the rear doors sound like sad woofers, stock front highs are ok so what I am going to do is put some pioneer 6.5" four ways back in the ext. cab doors.... to make the highs behind me match the ones up front..
To each his own but I just can't recommend doing that.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
ltaroli said:
TexasXtreme said:
How about running fronts only and ditch the rears.
I was thinking about just crossing over the rear stock speakers at low pass.
This is a Ext Cab right? If so, just try not using the rear at all. You might be surprised. :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree with Texas. The rear sound stage may not be necessary. In fact I would say invest the money you would have spent on the rear in a better component set for the front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
colorado_clean said:
I agree with Texas. The rear sound stage may not be necessary. In fact I would say invest the money you would have spent on the rear in a better component set for the front.
Do think the Polk Momo's are not sufficient enough?

·
Banned
433 Posts
ltaroli said:
colorado_clean said:
Do think the Polk Momo's are not sufficient enough?
I dont think he was dogging what you were choosing just to say you could spend more upfront without a rear setup such as...

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=5792

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_comp ... comp_id=65

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9567_Focal+165+KF.html

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes, exactly. The Focals are really nice, And I would also recommend the infinity Kappa Perfects! I have had both and they sound awesome, with the correct power to them of course.

·
Registered
662 Posts
a lot of dedicated car audio guys say to not run rear speakers, just a good set up front. try it out and see what sounds best to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
timmaayyy said:
a lot of dedicated car audio guys say to not run rear speakers, just a good set up front. try it out and see what sounds best to you.
Well I am a recovering car audio buff and just want something that sounds good enough for me to tolerate. I will try the momo's only in the front first and start from there.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've had the momo components and they sound really good on the high end. the Only thing that could use some improvement is the midbass drivers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I am considering on putting a set of kicker CompVT 6.5 in the rear spots. Has anyone used these slim subs by kciker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts