Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First thread I'm starting. I recently joined this forum, a month ago I guess but mostly reading. I bought a 2018 ZR2 about a month and a half ago, but haven't driven it more than a weekend (250 miles still). I came from a slew of Toyotas, grew up around them and always loved the pickup's style. I rebuilt a few, destroyed a few, but they were always reliable. Ive been a fan of diesels for a long time, but never needed a full size truck. So when I saw the Colorado/Canyon with a diesel, I looked deep into it. I started here, on coloradofans.com as many of you have amazing insight and knowledge, as well as great ideas for fixing or improving on GM's mistakes lol. I, like many here, am never satisfied and constantly are looking to add things to my toys. I like to be unique, but someone out there has already done it. I got a new job over a year ago, which gave me the opportunity to order a ZR2, which I figured I was going to build up whatever I got anyways, might as well order something that is already badass, right? Anyways Im getting ready to drive my truck to my current location this weekend, coming from a garage in Maine, down the east coast to my current residence in Florida. It will be a good little test for the mini monster. Since Ive had a bunch of time away from my girl, Ive been ordering bits and pieces to add to her when I get home, most of them thanks to you all here on the site. Heres a list for those interested -
-First was a full undercoat at a local dealership, New England winters suck!
-30" Rough country curved LED bar for the front bumper utilizing a OEM fog light switch
-Tacoma Pros LEDs for the grille
-BMS Catch Can
-Skid Hitch (Thanks to @KMW)
-Gator Tri-fold bed cover
-Hikari Hi/Lo beam LEDs
-Pedal Commander (Chris at GotExhaust was great and gave the best deal possible)
-Stickers and emblems

Things Im looking to install shortly, or when some more money comes in:
-Rough Country 1" leveling kit, with accompanying bump stops to protect that DSSV suspension
-1" wheel spacers (maybe..)
-Front/Sunshield Tint
-Spare tire delete from the undercarriage to ??
-More LEDs (reverse lights, interiors)
The list could go on with what I want. I feel dumping all this money into a new truck some would say is ridiculous, but its my hobby and I plan to run this duramax until she fails me. Hopefully she'll be as reliable as the trusty 22re but that's a tough one to match IMO. Just want to thank everyone for their help and for posting their rides!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow, almost identical plan. Got a few things done already.

Did some easy mods first.

LED interiors DONE
Husky Floor Liner DONE
Radar Detector wired to mirror DONE
Backflip tonneau cover DONE

I park my ZR2 in the driveway so I am doing a Homelink install today. There is an incredible walk through on the site. Looks OEM.

Next up is the curved light in bumper. There was an OEM looking aftermarket front bumper with winch that I found on the site but then lost it. Once I find it, I will grab that bumper and do the light.

You mentioned using OEM fog light switch? ZR2 with fog light switch - where, I am missing something?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry forbthe late response. I found a post on here where a guy made a video about it, and I'm going to give it a try

http://coloradofans.com/forums/#/topics/348073?page=8

Post number 73. After i bought all the stuff, I came to the suspicion that the maker of the video also makes the ground activated relay he uses and describes because his location says college park, TX and that's where the relay came from off ebay. No biggie I'm still going to try but if it's true he should have taken some credit

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Colorado Fans. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
It adds the built in garage door opener into you headliner console. Do a quick search on homelink and you should fine the tutorial.

-Justin
Here it is: https://www.coloradofans.com/forums...12353-homelink-installation-walk-through.html

Lots of useful information about the upper console even if you don't want to install the Homelink.

Personally the power on when opening door would bother me too much--security concerns. Also, it's not that hard to open the console door and press the opener. It would have been nice if GM simply had a button on the door that would press the opener though, like Toyota had for years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.